Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryobi 40volt Electric Log Splitter

3 posters

Go down

Ryobi 40volt Electric Log Splitter Empty Ryobi 40volt Electric Log Splitter

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:46 am

A little expensive and you'd need at least one extra battery, but I like it.
I'm not sure how long it would last.

Nonetheless, a better option for some folks.

Thom Paine and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Ryobi 40volt Electric Log Splitter Empty Re: Ryobi 40volt Electric Log Splitter

Post by Sprintcyclist Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:29 am

battery powered chainsaw, battery powered log splitter.

One of my mates has a battery lawnmower, he likes it, very smooth to use

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:15 pm

I have a ryobi 40v chainsaw with an extra battery. Best saw i ever owned. No worries about bad or varnish gasoline or cranking up. Or gasoline , ever!
I used to laugh at an electric chainsaw. No more!

Its the best medium saw i ever owned !
Powerful as any gasoline saw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:23 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I have a ryobi 40v chainsaw with an extra battery.  Best saw i ever owned. No worries about bad or varnish  gasoline or cranking up.  Or gasoline , ever!
I used to laugh at an electric chainsaw.  No more!

Its the best medium saw i ever owned !
Powerful as any gasoline saw.

I had a corded mini-chainsaw...basically, for light brush. Bought it when I had my Buffalo home. The same trees that were so beautiful, hanging over the windows, were so MISERABLE when snow or wind brought heavy boughs down on the roof.

The roof was a funny one...the whole house was owner-built. Series of owners - one addition onto another. The structure apparently started out as a tool shed or commercial building.

That was the kitchen. The wall to the dining area of the newer central area, still had the oblong window cut-out...where a window would pop up. See, I was a mile from a beach on Lake Erie, and my street was once a dirt access road to that beach. So...it wasn't convenient, but that could have been a Slurpee sales window, or something.

So, the forward part of the house had a steep pitch...then the front room had a much-less steep pitch. It, too was stretched. And the bathroom part of the house, in back (big bathroom) had a flat roof. In a part of the country where flat roofs shouldn't exist, and tended not to last long.

So I spent a LOT of time on that roof - shoveling snow, raking leaves off, and cutting brush. The electric saw, aside from the nuisance of a cord, was a great thing...and with a trigger-lock, no danger of it cutting me if I, and it, fell off the roof.

But that was before the new battery designs. With all the prodding we've gotten for **BATTERY CARS** I react negatively, violently...but the truth is, there are some things that are improved for it. Chain saws, absolutely. And lawn mowers. Really, those are ideal uses for batteries - a typical suburban yard has the owner operating the lawnmower for maybe 90 minutes a week. Poor utilization of a gas engine - and you have to keep that gasoline around. It's not really THAT dangerous, but neither is it really safe.

End the carburetor maintenance and oil changes and wearing-out of a cheap Briggs engine (or Chinese clone) with maybe 40 hours on it...for a battery mower. Big yard? Second removable battery pack. Aside from batteries, it should last a decade or more.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:09 am

Our old lawnmower is still running well.
In keeping with sound environmental thinking, the best lawnmower is the one I currently have.

I've done a few minor repairs on it, changed the oil a few times, cleaned it, new blades often.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down