Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Addressing/Help with Chronic Pain

2 posters

Go down

Addressing/Help with Chronic Pain Empty Addressing/Help with Chronic Pain

Post by 2cent Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:05 am

I was back at the Pain Center on Buttercup Drive this afternoon.  My last visit that gave me a branch block for the severe pain in my back was a fail, so we won't be making an appt. for an S/I, (sacroiliac), rhizotomy.  (A procedure that has the doc burning off the end of your nerves, so that you don't feel the pain screaming through your back.)
That doesn't, however, keep me from turning down an epidural.  Those do help somewhat.

The doctor, however, introduced a procedure that may help my situation.  For those of you here who are in chronic pain yourselves, heads up!  Ya never know.  This deal may very well address your probs.  Worth a listen, at any rate, right?

It's called a "Spinal Cord Stimulation."  (SCS)  There's this little box, about the size of a pace maker, I think.  (2"x 2" ?) It's inserted into your backside, and has leads connected to the stimulator and placed near the specific nerves along the spinal cord. The stimulator sends pulses through the leads to the nerves.  The pulses interrupt the pain signals before they reach the brain.
You get a remote control that comes w/it, and you can control how much "stimulation" goes to one place or another.  
Yes, I've plenty of questions, but am giving it serious consideration.  

This devise does not only address the probs I have - a busted up sacroiliac joint and spinal stenosis - it helps people with feet pain, shoulder pain, and all manner of aches and pains.
Might not help your probs, but it'd be so swell to hear if it did.  

A link.  I'm trying to find one.  Just a moment, please.  ...

Cross your fingers:  Pain.com/SCS

Oh, for the love of stupid.  And that screed/boring read.  My apologies.  I stink at starting threads, know it, and is why I do my best to annoy ...lol, AVOID it.

Last edited by 2cent on Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Addressing/Help with Chronic Pain Empty Re: Addressing/Help with Chronic Pain

Post by RV Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:03 am

I was under the impression that electronic stimulation was called ("Tines" SP?) I have heard of it used for chronic pain but, am not sure where it's at in its progression. My Nephew had something like laser surgery done to his back/neck which was not available everywhere, he had to go to a specific place for it. His surgery was out-patient and he seemed to recover pain free or at least with much less pain rather quickly.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down