Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump indicted in Georgia

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trump indicted in Georgia Empty Trump indicted in Georgia

Post by Sprintcyclist Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:23 am

............. Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis gave former President Donald Trump and his co-conspirators until noon Friday to surrender to Georgia authorities.

Warrants have been issued for their arrest, Willis added.

“I want to try him and be respectful for our sovereign states,” Willis continued, “with a trial date within six months.” .............

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/14/live-updates-trump-indicted-on-rico-charges-in-georgia-election-probe.html

Noone cannot overthrow an election.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Trump indicted in Georgia Empty Re: Trump indicted in Georgia

Post by Sprintcyclist Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:39 am

ooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

............ Trump faces automatic jail in Georgia
Georgia law means Donald Trump would certainly be imprisoned for at least five years if he is convicted by a Fulton County jury ..............

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:13 am

I do wonder whether some of this is politically motivated
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:30 am

vege57 wrote:I do wonder whether some of this is politically motivated

You surely have to do more than wonder?  Lol

Trump is saying he can prove voter fraud in Georgia and is releasing a 100 page document in support on Monday.  I don't believe he acted in bad faith, which is the claim, and I believe he genuinely believed he won.   Back in 2020 most reports claiming election fraud were banned as misinformation.

I don't think there is any doubt that fraud was committed (under the cover of Covid) in several states but if there was enough fraud to change the outcome of the election, we'll never know.
Red Lily
Red Lily

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:49 am

Red Lily wrote:

Trump is saying he can prove voter fraud and is releasing a 100 page document in support on Monday.  I don't believe he acted in bad faith, which is the claim, and I believe he genuinely believed he won.   Back in 2020 most reports claiming election fraud were banned as misinformation.

I don't think there is any doubt that fraud was committed (under the cover of Covid) in several states but if there was enough fraud to change the outcome of the election, we'll never know.

My post was intended to be subtle as to not offend, I am hoping this is my new mantra

I offended a few people today at work, my regular toilet was down for maintenance , so needed to take care of my absolutions in the office toilet , I had beef and bacon sausages for lunch , this offended our Muslim employee , I overheard him complaining to the company director ,, all the doors and windows in the office were open, and it was a rather cold day lol They know better than to say anything me , It warmed my heart lo9l
vege57
vege57

Red Lily and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:00 am

Red Lily wrote:

Trump is saying he can prove voter fraud in Georgia and is releasing a 100 page document in support on Monday.  I don't believe he acted in bad faith, which is the claim, and I believe he genuinely believed he won.   Back in 2020 most reports claiming election fraud were banned as misinformation.

I'm sure that trump genuinely believed he won.
he tried scores of court cases to prove that and lost them all.
he tried to coerce many people to change votes in various areas, he instigated a riot in which people were killed and he tried to get Pence to act in a manner against the constitution that would have thrown the US into an area they had not been in before and was not catered to in their constitution.
If these are the facts, he acted illegally.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:04 am

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Red Lily wrote:

he tried to coerce many people to change votes in various areas, he instigated a riot in which people were killed and he tried to get Pence to act in a manner against the constitution that would have thrown the US into an area they had not been in before and was not catered to in their constitution.

some fair points , but when you look at some of the riots that were condoned by the left , its about balance
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:52 am

........... But Trump’s included a more explicit order on witness intimidation, explicitly referencing the former president’s ability to use his social media platform to level attacks related to the case.

“The Defendant shall perform no act to intimidate any person known to him or her to be a codefendant or witness in this case or to otherwise obstruct the administration of justice,” according to the order, which is also signed by Trump’s attorneys Drew Findling, Marissa Goldberg and Jennifer Little. ...............

https://www.politico.com/latest-news-updates/2023/trump-indictment

The Law is bigger than trump

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:45 am

vege57 wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:
Red Lily wrote:

some fair points , but when you look at some of the riots that were condoned by the left , its about balance

I think the BLM riots should have been handled very differently.
Every state organised their own response, it was not an issue handled by the White House.
It's a bad precedent to let people riot if they 'feel aggrieved' enough.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:31 am

Ya' know it's funny, I've presented cases to the "Grand Jury" when I was younger and an investigator for the county. Even then, there was only one side presented for an "indictment" to be handed down. It's been said that if the prosecutor was smart that he/she could get a ham sandwhich indicted.

Now if that process was highjacked for political purposes, say 'indicting a former President" for political purposes, it would feed right into the Democrat media/narrative...
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next