Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan Becomes Haven For Firms Linked To Chinese Communist Party

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Michigan Becomes Haven For Firms Linked To Chinese Communist Party Empty Michigan Becomes Haven For Firms Linked To Chinese Communist Party

Post by 2cent Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:10 am

This is just plain insanity.  If I were a Michigander, I'd surely want to know just which fools returned this nitwit witch, Whitmer, to office.

As many Republican-led states move to restrict companies with ties to the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) from setting up shop in their states, Michigan Democrats are moving in the opposite direction and welcoming CCP-linked firms.

The most recent major development came last month as Chinese battery manufacturer Gotion Inc., a subsidiary of Gotion High-Tech Co., based in Hefei, China, announced that it had secured final approval to move forward on a $2.4 billion manufacturing plant in Mecosta County, about an hour north of Grand Rapids. To bring in the investment, the Michigan State Senate Appropriations Committee voted to allocate $175 million for the project, with at least $650 million more expected in the coming years.

Notably, a number of Democrats on the committee broke with their own party and joined Republicans in voting against the project, citing concerns about Gotion’s links to the CCP. Critics have pointed specifically to a section in the charter of Gotion’s parent company which stipulates Gotion and all its subsidiaries must “set up a Party organization and carry out Party activities in accordance with the Constitution of the Communist Party of China… the Company shall ensure necessary conditions for carrying out Party activities.”

Ain't that just loverly?  Million$$$ of Michiganders who do NOT want to see this deal to go through are being forced to hand over their hard-earned money for something they DO. NOT. WANT.  From Republicans, to plenty of Democrats, themselves.  Oddly enough, they want Michigan to belong to Michiganders.  Yet, this is the best they can expect from their overseers in the Swamp:

Notably, the federal Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) – which is led by the Secretary of the Treasury, composed of top Biden administration officials, and charged with determining the national security implications of foreign investments in U.S. companies or operations – held that the deal was “not in its jurisdiction.” The decision raised some eyebrows among observers, particularly after another case earlier this year where CFIUS ruled that a Chinese entity buying up farmland just 15 miles outside an Air Force base in North Dakota was also outside its jurisdiction.

Keep voting Democrat, you FOOLS!  angryfire

Read the rest of their idiocy here:
https://amac.us/newsline/society/michigan-becomes-haven-for-firms-linked-to-chinese-communist-party/

We have GOT to fight these monsters who have nothing but HATE in their minds for this beloved country!

Last edited by 2cent on Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Michigan Becomes Haven For Firms Linked To Chinese Communist Party Empty Re: Michigan Becomes Haven For Firms Linked To Chinese Communist Party

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:41 am

I wouldn't want to live in mish-again.

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Michigan Becomes Haven For Firms Linked To Chinese Communist Party Empty Re: Michigan Becomes Haven For Firms Linked To Chinese Communist Party

Post by 2cent Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:17 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I wouldn't want to live in mish-again.
Nor I.  I've lived in both Clawson and Troy - northern suburbs of Detroit.  Nice, clean; definitely not high crime areas.  I'll leave it at that.  I was young, dumb, and not paying too much of a close attention to politics.  Just starting out w/a new husband, family.

Frankly, it sucked.  I was too busy trying to make the best of it to see that, though.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:29 am

If I ever move up north, it will be where I can fill the ice chest up with free snow or ice.
Or just stick a beer in the snow.

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:45 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:If I ever move up north, it will be where I can fill the ice chest up with free snow or ice.
Or just stick a beer in the snow.
I'll never live in Yankee territory again. That much, I hope I can promise.

However, it was just the other night that the t.v. camera was focused on a snow bank, and I can't tell you how much I wanted to dive in!
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:53 am

Michigan has been overrun with every kind of anti-American people and sentiment possible. I'm not sure about the UP.

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:36 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Michigan has been overrun with every kind of anti-American people and sentiment possible. I'm not sure about the UP.
Me, either. At one time, the UP was the most attractive part of MI, but who knows these days. After the likes of Kuami Kilpatrick and Whitmer, all the good people probably moved out.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:45 pm

Do you remember a poster called atsillakamama?
I think she was on the now defunct Politix board. She was a homesteader type and lived in southern Michigan.

Dehydrated and canned lots of things.
Did wonderful crafts and crochet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:31 pm

The Yooper part of Mush-agin is VERY unlike the lower part. We all know what Detroit is like - an urban jungle taken to its natural end, extinction of everything. Dearborn is New Mecca; and the central part of the state, is - or was, twenty years ago - one of the last hotbeds of the Klan.

No lie. Zev Chafets, the guy who did a fair biography on Limbaugh...also wrote, Devil's Night - exploring the urban ills of Detroit, a generation ago (current when he wrote it) and the backlash in the north-central part of the state.

The Yoopers are something else, or were - fifteen years ago when I was there. Trusting and honest to a flaw. The land I found less impressive - scrub timber. It hadn't grown up very well, in the 80 years since it was clear-cut. I compare it to the Adirondacks, which were clear-cut later, still - but due to the more-fertile soil, grew back far more densely and quickly.

But...the rock-ribbed Conservative Constitutionalists have been in a power-struggle with the DemoCommie Party for 40 years, and now it appears they're losing.

As everywhere, sadly.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:24 pm

If I remember right, the voters elected Democrat Governor Gretchen W. so I have no sympathy for them at all. Michigan gets exactly what they voted for.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next