Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESG what is that.

3 posters

Go down

ESG  what is that. Empty ESG what is that.

Post by Calypso Jones Wed May 31, 2023 10:43 am

https://marketbusinessnews.com/financial-glossary/esg-definition-meaning/

[b]ESG stands for Environmental Social and Governance and refers to the three key factors when measuring the sustainability and ethical impact of an investment in a business or company. Most socially responsible investors check companies out using ESG criteria to screen investments.

It is a generic term used in capital markets and commonly used by investors to evaluate the behavior of companies, as well as determine their future financial performance.

The Environmental Social and Governance factors are a subset of non-financial performance indicators which include ethical, sustainable, and corporate governance issues such as making sure there are systems in place to ensure accountability and manage the corporation’s carbon footprint.

The number of investment funds that incorporate ESG factors has been growing rapidly since the beginning of this decade and is expected to continue rising significantly over the decade to come.]/b]
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

ESG  what is that. Empty Re: ESG what is that.

Post by 2cent Wed May 31, 2023 12:13 pm

And is the most irresponsible approach any governing board of directors can use, when charged with overseeing other people's investments.  

Yes, like Target and Bud Light.

(But isn't it, "Environmental and Social Governance?"  - as opposed to, "Environmental Social and Governance.)
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed May 31, 2023 12:50 pm

That's how they do it and i'm sure it means something wicked in their goals.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Wed May 31, 2023 12:57 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:That's how they do it and i'm sure it means something wicked in their goals.
Huh? @Calypso Jones, I'm not sure what you mean by, "something wicked in their goals." Would you explain, 'cuz slow puppy me doesn't get it.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed May 31, 2023 12:59 pm

because it hurts us, the expendable, and they survive this brave new world..or so they think.

There are three groups of Americans as it pertains to the rise of “woke” Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) policies influencing how retirement accounts are being managed today. Most Americans are not paying much attention, whether it’s because they don’t have retirement accounts that concern them or they’re unfamiliar with ESG.

Many Americans are familiar with ESG and have embraced it. This group is generally made up of the political left who believe climate change and racial equity should be driving forces for all decisions made, especially on behalf of other people.

https://thelibertydaily.com/how-esg-is-destroying-americans-retirement/
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Wed May 31, 2023 1:36 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:because it hurts us, the expendable, and they survive this brave new world..or so they think.

There are three groups of Americans as it pertains to the rise of “woke” Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) policies influencing how retirement accounts are being managed today. Most Americans are not paying much attention, whether it’s because they don’t have retirement accounts that concern them or they’re unfamiliar with ESG.

Many Americans are familiar with ESG and have embraced it. This group is generally made up of the political left who believe climate change and racial equity should be driving forces for all decisions made, especially on behalf of other people.

https://thelibertydaily.com/how-esg-is-destroying-americans-retirement/
I understand all that. The problem was w/me. I totally misread your post. To quote:
That's how they do it and i'm sure it means something wicked in their goals.
I'm sitting outside where the lighting is terrible, and completely missed, the "I'm sure" part. I read it to say, "...and are sure it means something wicked..."

To cut to the chase, I agree w/you wholeheartedly. This idiotic ESG approach to marketing can only lead to poor financial decisions, and ruin people financially.

I was going to say that it ought to be against the law, it already is. Fiduciaries have a legal and moral obligation to make sound investments based on profit returns. If caught playing fancy with other people's money, there are consequences. It's time the rules were enforced - hard and fast.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed May 31, 2023 2:40 pm

I agree with all you've said. Law or legal, ethical or moral doesn't seem too much of an issue with lots of powerful people anymore.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:19 pm

https://thelibertydaily.com/how-to-beat-the-globalist-esg-cei-plague-thats-spreading-across-our-nation/

well..i'll do what i can but really, i think the world is on the muddy slope and there's no getting back up that.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:04 pm

Unmentioned here - maybe you've found it - this all has ONE source.

Davos.

The Weird Euthanasia Forum.

You know about Black Rock, do you not? An investment pool and hedge fund. CEO is one Larry Fink - aptly named. Larry, is a Davos acolyte and a former Young Global Leader.

He's truly a Klaustard. In there for the long haul.

Black Rock owns large chunks of HUNDREDS of companies, including the usual suspects. The public can buy shares of Black Rock, but voting is strictly controlled. You could vote Fink out, but given the company's performance, why would you? Fink understands Crony Corporatism; he practices it. He followed the Fed with QE, buying big slices of Wall Street while Jamie Dimon and other big banksters were laundering ZIRP in banks' house stock accounts. All that buying, with Fed Zero-interest member loans...the stonk market couldn't go anywhere BUT up.

But Larry Fink demands a price. That price is, affiance to ESG. He SCORES various companies, best to worst - his punishment is, if you don't toe the line on ESG, Black Rock will SELL. And not buy, until you get your heads right.

That depresses individual companies' stock prices. THAT...we all know...is really-really BAD.

So, one by one, they've been traipsing down the Yellow Brick Road...to where Bud Light and AB-Inbev and Target have gone.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:23 pm

absolutely.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum