Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheel of Fortune

+2
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
6 posters

:: Media :: MSM

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wheel of Fortune - Page 3 Empty Re: Wheel of Fortune

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun May 07, 2023 5:53 pm

All women are beautiful.
Not the trans ones, though.

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun May 07, 2023 5:57 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:All women are beautiful.

So you give equal time to watching and researching women like Rachel Madcow? Razz
Red Lily
Red Lily

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun May 07, 2023 7:23 pm

Still the best family oriented game show out there.

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Sun May 07, 2023 7:54 pm

Red Lily wrote:

So you give equal time to watching and researching women like Rachel Madcow?  Razz

I'm assuming Rachel Madcow is a tranny, as well as the rest of that show.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and Casey Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun May 07, 2023 8:05 pm

Crusader wrote:
Red Lily wrote:

So you give equal time to watching and researching women like Rachel Madcow?  Razz

I'm not sure what it is but it's not a woman.

Calypso Jones and Casey Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun May 07, 2023 8:25 pm

Crusader wrote:
Red Lily wrote:

Well, there is that Lol.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun May 07, 2023 8:50 pm

2cent wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:I had to look it up.  I thought Pat Sajak was dead.

I'm surprised Vanna White, age 66, is still on.  I mean, really...the letter-turner is supposed to be a glamourous prop.  Grandma isn't suited for that role...
Vanna does her job well.  Why should she be sacked for some woke hottie?  Firing Vanna would cause a lot of people to turn it off.

Precisely because she's supposed to be a glamorous prop.

She turned LETTERS.  What she does now, I don't know; but there's no hotness associated with Grandma.

Fire her?  How about, find another job for her?  The sex symbol who outgrew it.  It happens.

Plenty of male actors were stud-muffins, too...but they had to find something else to portray, those that survived aging.  Clint Eastwood wasn't Dirty Harry in his last movie; he was a grouchy grandpa dying of cancer.

Maybe you ought to watch a little TV once in while, 'cuz right now you're sounding a bit on the silly side.  You might actually see that Vanna White is still very pretty, and absolutely exudes warmth.  The show would be nuts to get rid of her; not only for how well she does her job, the fans would go bonkers.
(JFTR, it's been YEARS since anyone's turned letters on W of F.)

Another JFTR:  Gran Torino was FAR from Clint Eastwood's last movie.  

Moreover, why the need to be insulting?  You truly think we're so stupid that we let the TV tell us what to buy?  Maybe you are, but I sure as heck ain't.

Last, first.

I speak in the general. The masses are asses; and YES, they let television tell them what to buy. There's hundreds of accounts of products launched without advertising - generally those of dubious value or no superiority. New soap/toothpaste; different car model. Did you know Marlboro was once a cigarette brand aimed at WOMEN? It was. Didn't gain much traction there; so in the early 1960s, they rebooted it with a tevee ad campaign with the Marlboro Man.

WIN.

Maybe my comments on Grannma Vanna are silly; but the last time I watched WOF, she was mid-twenties, with a million-dollar smile, standing there in her gown, turning letters. Very comely. Nice prop. Nice JOB - it's the kind of job a young woman can dream of.

Like a stewardess's job was in the 1960s. The work was minimal; the pay fantastic; but the two qualifications were, you had to be educated enough to chat up businessmen; and you had to do it while they were trying to catch a peek up your uniform dress.

Grandma, back then, need not apply.

I'm not saying that was ideal, but frankly, I don't have a problem with a beauty queen (which Vanna was) as a prop on a game show. It's ALL silliness. Let the beauty queen make money on it. Let her also know it won't last.

I remember, also on television, the Pennsylvania Lottery drawings (I lived near the Pennsylvania border and got an Erie, PA television station) that happened just before the news (when I still believed the network liars). They'd have some octogenarian pulling ping-pong balls out, turning them and displaying them...because the proceeds were earmarked for "Senior Citizens' Programs."

Nice touch, but not really so engaging. Since I was in NY, not PA, I didn't care what those numbers were, even if I had been inclined to buy a lottery ticket.

We agree to disagree, here. So be it.

bom
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun May 07, 2023 11:08 pm

Casey Jones wrote:
2cent wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:I had to look it up.  I thought Pat Sajak was dead.

I'm surprised Vanna White, age 66, is still on.  I mean, really...the letter-turner is supposed to be a glamourous prop.  Grandma isn't suited for that role...
Vanna does her job well.  Why should she be sacked for some woke hottie?  Firing Vanna would cause a lot of people to turn it off.

Precisely because she's supposed to be a glamorous prop.

She turned LETTERS.  What she does now, I don't know; but there's no hotness associated with Grandma.

Fire her?  How about, find another job for her?  The sex symbol who outgrew it.  It happens.

Plenty of male actors were stud-muffins, too...but they had to find something else to portray, those that survived aging.  Clint Eastwood wasn't Dirty Harry in his last movie; he was a grouchy grandpa dying of cancer.

Maybe you ought to watch a little TV once in while, 'cuz right now you're sounding a bit on the silly side.  You might actually see that Vanna White is still very pretty, and absolutely exudes warmth.  The show would be nuts to get rid of her; not only for how well she does her job, the fans would go bonkers.
(JFTR, it's been YEARS since anyone's turned letters on W of F.)

Another JFTR:  Gran Torino was FAR from Clint Eastwood's last movie.  

Moreover, why the need to be insulting?  You truly think we're so stupid that we let the TV tell us what to buy?  Maybe you are, but I sure as heck ain't.

Last, first.

I speak in the general.  The masses are asses; and YES, they let television tell them what to buy.  There's hundreds of accounts of products launched without advertising - generally those of dubious value or no superiority.  New soap/toothpaste; different car model.  Did you know Marlboro was once a cigarette brand aimed at WOMEN?  It was.  Didn't gain much traction there; so in the early 1960s, they rebooted it with a tevee ad campaign with the Marlboro Man.

WIN.

Maybe my comments on Grannma Vanna are silly; but the last time I watched WOF, she was mid-twenties, with a million-dollar smile, standing there in her gown, turning letters.  Very comely.  Nice prop.  Nice JOB - it's the kind of job a young woman can dream of.

Like a stewardess's job was in the 1960s.  The work was minimal; the pay fantastic; but the two qualifications were, you had to be educated enough to chat up businessmen; and you had to do it while they were trying to catch a peek up your uniform dress.

Grandma, back then, need not apply.

I'm not saying that was ideal, but frankly, I don't have a problem with a beauty queen (which Vanna was) as a prop on a game show.  It's ALL silliness.  Let the beauty queen make money on it.  Let her also know it won't last.

I remember, also on television, the Pennsylvania Lottery drawings (I lived near the Pennsylvania border and got an Erie, PA television station) that happened just before the news (when I still believed the network liars).  They'd have some octogenarian pulling ping-pong balls out, turning them and displaying them...because the proceeds were earmarked for "Senior Citizens' Programs."

Nice touch, but not really so engaging.  Since I was in NY, not PA, I didn't care what those numbers were, even if I had been inclined to buy a lottery ticket.

We agree to disagree, here.  So be it.  

bom
IOW, you refuse to own a single word that you said.  lol.  If'n ya say so. Wheel of Fortune - Page 3 293021872

Last edited by 2cent on Mon May 08, 2023 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon May 08, 2023 8:42 am

Speaking of Clint Eastwood...I admire his longevity and thankfully he is more right than left but in this last movie i saw of him, it was frightening how frail he is.    The movie was Cry Macho and it was awful. Anyone else seen it.   The plot and lines..no.  it was not believable.  It was just not one of his better movies. Gran Torino was FAR FAR better. Even the Mule was better.  This last.   I think it is time for Clint to enjoy the rest of his life and leave the story telling alone now.   Quite the legacy.

you know what it reminded me of. The last Rocky film where he goes to Mexico to retrieve this little mexican gal for his maid in texas..i don't remember now if she is related to him in anyway but in the movie he was very fond of her like a daughter.

This cry macho thing is like a 90 year old hero's version of the story. the slow shuffling walk, slow talk, elderly hero.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Mon May 08, 2023 11:19 am

Heard of it, never saw it.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content