Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mennonite Selbstschutz

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mennonite Selbstschutz Empty Mennonite Selbstschutz

Post by jirqoadai Wed May 03, 2023 9:26 pm

Units VS nestor makhno.

im NOT particulary targetting ANY poster on here.

im wishing for clarification IF what wiki says is true that the church in general condemmed the self defense against this anarchist group or not.

my contention is had the Mennonites actively seeked his little band at the very begining and exterminated all within, the Whites wouldve been able to keep crimea and possibly wouldve been able to retake moscow before it all fell to pieces like a wicker basket in an oven.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Mennonite Selbstschutz Empty Re: Mennonite Selbstschutz

Post by 2cent Thu May 04, 2023 1:54 pm

@jirqoadai, would you mind providing a link to - or an explanation of - what you're talking about? (And if you think I might take offense, don't. Think that, I mean.)
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Thu May 04, 2023 2:47 pm

K. the dudes name was Nestor Makhno. hes all over yewtewb. his base of operations was in huliapole ukraine, and he raided the mennonites in orikhiv ukraine heavily and often. wiki says the church of mennonite got together and publically declared it wouldve been better to have been butchered in detail than to fight back. i disagree with that idea. his band of brigands couldve been lead into a trap and thus the russian revolution might conceivably been altered to where people like stolypin couldve ruled and created prosperity.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri May 05, 2023 10:41 am

jirqoadai wrote:K. the dudes name was Nestor Makhno. hes all over yewtewb. his base of operations was in huliapole ukraine, and he raided the mennonites in orikhiv ukraine heavily and often. wiki says the church of mennonite got together and publically declared it wouldve been better to have been butchered in detail than to fight back. i disagree with that idea. his band of brigands couldve been lead into a trap and thus the russian revolution might conceivably been altered to where people like stolypin couldve ruled and created prosperity.
I happen to agree with you. The best part being, leading the brigands into a trap would not be the same as fighting. Could've made for a better outcome.

But, yes, it's true that the Mennonite - at least the ones who I know - do not believe in fighting. But it's more than just the action of harming or killing others; they don't believe in borders.
2cent
2cent

Lummy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Sun May 07, 2023 1:47 pm

That's crap. Post proof that it isn't.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun May 07, 2023 2:29 pm

Lummy wrote:That's crap. Post proof that it isn't.
@Lummy, just which part do you say is "crap?"  The fighting?  That trapping wouldn't have to be fighting? The borders?  What?  

My in-laws is the only proof I have.  I don't agree with their stance, but that doesn't change anything.  Their belief is that God and His teachings know no borders, so they think those who believe in God shouldn't have any, either.  It's their explanation as to why they don't vote.   Which also makes little sense to me.  (They'd likely vote liberal, so I no long sweat it like I once did.)
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Sun May 07, 2023 3:25 pm

2cent wrote:
@Lummy, just which part do you say is "crap?"  The fighting?  That trapping wouldn't have to be fighting?  The borders?  What?  

My in-laws is the only proof I have.  I don't agree with their stance, but that doesn't change anything.  Their belief is that God and His teachings know no borders, so they think those who believe in God shouldn't have any, either.  It's their explanation as to why they don't vote.   Which also makes little sense to me.  (They'd likely vote liberal, so I no long sweat it like I once did.)

Oh, I dunno ... the part where you say that Mennonites don't believe in borders, maybe for one. Not that I care. If there was anything to it, it would have been well known long before now, especially in the US, where borders are the law. WTF dude?
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Sun May 07, 2023 4:37 pm

i donno Lummy.......after all, Edward Teach didnt believe in borders either.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun May 07, 2023 4:44 pm

Lummy wrote:
2cent wrote:
@Lummy, just which part do you say is "crap?"  The fighting?  That trapping wouldn't have to be fighting?  The borders?  What?  

Oh, I dunno ... the part where you say that Mennonites don't believe in borders, maybe for one. Not that I care. If there was anything to it, it would have been well known long before now, especially in the US, where borders are the law. WTF dude?
For starters, I should think that you'd know by now that I'm a "Ma'am."

Please understand that I know only one sect of Mennonite.  There are many, and I'm no "expert" on any.   What I do know about my in-law's branch is that they follow the laws of the land, just as the Bible teaches.  They've passports, should they want to leave/come back to the USA.  

I don't understand what you're so hep about.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Sun May 07, 2023 4:54 pm

this thread is about fighting mennonites. thankyou 2 for your honest opinion. so yes Lummy. do yer fighting with the mennonite here. as yer post right above were for the mennonites and their purdy daffidills. ( 2 true story. i had a bus driver at a baptist school i went to. she had no buttons. first off, they prolly wouldve broken, but i think it was more because of her convictions. she told me led zepplin concerts had unabated sex in the isles. after she told me that, i went to three or four concerts of theirs, ( hoping to score on the floor ) but nope, no sex. lots of pot smoking and acid and booze, but no sex.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

2cent and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next