Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Politico warns journalists that AI is coming for their jobs

5 posters

Go down

Politico warns journalists that AI is coming for their jobs Empty Politico warns journalists that AI is coming for their jobs

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:16 pm

LOL

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/01/media/axel-springer-ai-job-cuts/index.html

Now that is rather funny. Still...the AIs are only gonna be as good at politics as their biased leftist programmers.
No change for us....but biiiiiiiiig change for leftist biased reporters.

HAHAHAJHAJ
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Politico warns journalists that AI is coming for their jobs Empty Re: Politico warns journalists that AI is coming for their jobs

Post by Crusader Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:40 pm

I don't think AI bots will have first amendment protection. I also don't think they can be held accountable. The editor would just change a line in the AI's programming code and name it something else. Instant new bot.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Politico warns journalists that AI is coming for their jobs Empty Re: Politico warns journalists that AI is coming for their jobs

Post by 2cent Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:24 am

I thought they already had. Ages ago.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:18 pm

I was reading a breakdown of Gannett's current operating status...their newspapers have lost an average readership of 57 percent since 2018. That includes USAToday.

They've decimated their ranks of writers. Gannett has a big presence in Louisiana, which was where the writer of this piece is from...and allowing for all the daily, weekly and local papers Gannett owns in the state, there is less than ONE WRITER per parish (county) in the state.

There is no way such a skeleton staff could keep on top of news. It's a matter of deciding which press release or wire report, to run.

The writer remarks that the iconic USAToday vending racks, once everywhere, are not anywhere in his parish. Not sure what it is, but he's in Laugh-Yet.

Ask Hawk.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:17 pm

I never did read USA Today. Even when it was a new paper.

It always struck me as being cartoonishly abbreviated news.
But I think it was the first color paper I ever saw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:48 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I never did read USA Today. Even when it was a new paper.

It always struck me as being cartoonishly abbreviated news.
But I think it was the first color paper I ever saw.

A comic book, pretending to be a newspaper.

True story: One of the principals in the USAToday project, who had been editor of a paper in Iowa City and later the Rochester (NY) Democrat & Chronicle...had taken a buy-out from Gannett, offered him as a perq for his work...and went to work as THE Print Journalism Department in Kent State's School of Mass Communications.

I just happened to land there about the same time.

Long before I thought I could write for a newspaper (actually I did, long before I tried on koledge) I read USAToday. When I worked for County Welfare, as a single young guy, I'd have breakfast at the Fallen Arches two blocks away. And while sipping my coffee, bracing my stomach for the fun ahead, I'd read that excuse for a paper. Because it was on the rack, free for patrons to look at. (Do they even do that at Ronald's, any more?)

I ALSO read the background when it was introduced, 1982, to great fanfare. Now as a young man I was a voracious newspaper reader. I was interested, until I saw a few copies. It read, to me, lime My Weekly Reader - the kids' weekly news flyer that some elementary schools gave to kids.

So, I was unimpressed with USAToday. I was less impressed to learn that Professor S. had been part of it. He got his wife a teaching spot, too...and I had to take a few of HER classes.

One final exam question is: Is USAToday a newspaper or magazine? Defend your answer.

I didn't catch the hidden agenda, that no matter the answer, I was supposed to genuflect to Lord God Gannett and its creation. I did a four-page essay on why USAT was a most-dangerous thing - a magazine PRETENDING to be a newspaper. It offered fluff as news; it offered pedestrian editorials to oppose the blathery long polemics that Al Whatzhisname, the publisher at the time, would post. It was junk food for the brain; and it should have a warning label on the masthead.

It was shortly after that that I got NOT recommended for any paid internships; I was told to do my interning at the Streetsboro Penny Saver. I dropped out, instead. Unusual for me, that was the best choice to make, as it turned out. I did much better driving trains.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down