Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month

5 posters

:: Media :: All Others

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month Empty A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:57 pm

https://peachykeenan.substack.com/p/the-white-persons-guide-to-surviving

9 Rules for Celebrating BHM at Work:

1.  Starting in January, sign up to attend every BHM events. Most of these will be delivered via Zoom, so you have no excuse.

2.  When the event begins, sign in so your attendance is noted, then immediately mute your computer and minimize the browser window.

3.  Proceed with your normal work day.

4.  Repeat this process for each event.

5.  Make sure you do not participate too enthusiastically or accidentally “take up space” intended for other participants.

A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month Https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc31b75d2-8c95-4648-a6c2-d68aaea64642_1320x1214
A former HR exec fired after revealing she saw Black Panther 2 on opening night.

6.  If you are forced to attend a session in real life, do not roll your eyes, laugh, or look bored at any time during the presentation.

7.  Do not raise your hand and offer opinions or thoughts on the topic at hand. If you utter the words “my black friend,” you may as well start packing up your desk.

8.  Do not wear themed clothing or accessories. Leave the Kente cloth scarf and Wakanda Forever t-shirt at home. Do not attempt a Black Power salute.

A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month Https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fab1572a8-dcd6-408a-8cf9-6c194026bf94_828x1128

Don’t do this:
Do not change your language, dialect, or word choice in any way. Remember the wise words of Mohammed Atta to his hostages: “Just stay quiet and you’ll be okay.”
A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month 911-World-Trade-Center-attack

Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month Empty Re: A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month

Post by Crusader Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:17 pm

I'm so glad that I work by myself. I ignore recognized months and live my life. It works out well.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones and Casey Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month Empty Re: A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:42 pm

I may post some of the programs offered to whites during the month of february.

ONE:

“Sugar in Our Wounds: Exploring Resilience with Theatre”: This program features a dynamic reading and discussion of the production of Sugar in Our Wounds, Donja R. Love’s drama set on a southern plantation in 1862, where two young enslaved men torn from their families find solace in one another, propelling them into a harrowing fight for love and survival. This will focus on courage, hope, and reinvention amidst significant adversity through the lens of Black Queer love.

A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month Https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2a28b36c-0692-4166-adb7-d7bf2ca4ec8f_1428x1214
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:45 pm

TWO:

“What's Hair Got To Do With It?”: We will explore the stigma around black hair and resulting discrimination African descendants systemically encounter in professional and educational spaces. We will examine this longstanding form of racial discrimination through a historical lens alongside the examination of civil rights litigation combatting race-based hair discrimination.

A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month Https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F6f9ae72d-6d4d-4b70-8599-883dcb9b8fce_1280x1094
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:47 pm

THREE:  and you can get in trouble here if you are not careful.

“Soul Food: Problematic?”: Join us as we sink our teeth into a home cooked meal and a little history. In this event we will take us on a deep dive into the origins of soul food, a cuisine that can be traced from West Africa to the American west.

DON"T BEE:

NYU got into trouble serving a racially insensitive meal:

A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month Https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F6e03dcef-db3c-4df8-9a71-78cc3ab13975_1402x1150

DO BEE: Better!

A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month Https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Feac9adc2-f841-47ea-8b80-fbabf420c979_1258x836
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:45 pm

I have found that dietary supplements can help in these situations. No, I do not advocate something that causes extreme flatulence.
I just mix up garlic paste and cod liver oil. Then on a bread of your choice, put a piece of lettuce, followed by a layer of sardines, then the above mentioned paste and another lettuce leaf. The lettuce is for color and to keep the bread from falling apart.
Have this for breakfast, by the end of week one, you won't be invited back. This also works when asking for a raise or if you're asked to discipline someone.

JMWinPR

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:05 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:THREE:  and you can get in trouble here if you are not careful.

“Soul Food: Problematic?”: Join us as we sink our teeth into a home cooked meal and a little history. In this event we will take us on a deep dive into the origins of soul food, a cuisine that can be traced from West Africa to the American west.

DON"T BEE:

NYU got into trouble serving a racially insensitive meal:

A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month Https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F6e03dcef-db3c-4df8-9a71-78cc3ab13975_1402x1150

DO BEE:    Better!

A white person in the workforce guide to surviving black history month Https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Feac9adc2-f841-47ea-8b80-fbabf420c979_1258x836

Damn! Some fried chicken, Mac and cheese, collard greens, and cake!

That's my kind of meal.

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:54 pm

Just driving a wedge between us all.

Like others here, I can - and do - just ignore it. If circumstances FORCED me to participate, I can imagine I'd immediately quit - or maybe get violent. I'm getting FED UP with this sewage being rammed right up my mmm-mmm-mmm.

As said on the Chinese spy-balloon thread...the Left is working hard to destroy us, and almost have completed the job.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:34 pm

My company didn't recognize MLK holiday and I doubt they are recognizing BHM. OOPS.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:44 pm

Crusader wrote:My company didn't recognize MLK holiday and I doubt they are recognizing BHM.  OOPS.

I lubs fried shicken, wadder melon, and greens!
Thats a gourmet meal to me.

I need a DNA test.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next