Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're living in a generation that has exchanged the Truth for a Lie

2 posters

Go down

We're living in a generation that has exchanged the Truth for a Lie Empty We're living in a generation that has exchanged the Truth for a Lie

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:24 pm

https://harbingersdaily.com/we-live-in-a-generation-that-has-turned-from-solid-unchangeable-truth-to-a-quicksand-of-lies/

Any time we approach the end of a particularly tumultuous year, we look forward to the next year as a return to “normal.” But at this point, the old normal no longer exists. 2023 looks like a continuation of the last few years, only worse.

Sin deluges our society in countless ways. Consider this one. We live in a generation that has abandoned truth. The word now depicts an emotion. It’s about “how I feel about things,” rather than what is really so. Jesus spoke of truth as a foundation — something dependable that you can safely build on. But the people of our time portray truth as malleable. They speak of “Your truth,” and “My truth,” as different things.

But real truth does not change from person to person. Our understandings may be different, but truth is truth whether we understand it or not. People who devalue truth make themselves vulnerable to things like fake news, fraud, duplicity, hypocrisy, treachery, manipulation, cunning, guile, and just plain lying. Jesus prophesied that the last days would be a time of deception, and here we are.

Romans 1:25 speaks of a people who “exchanged the truth of God for a lie.” They turn from solid, unchangeable truth to a quicksand of lies. Verse 28 says God gives such people over to “a depraved mind.” For years I have said that a “depraved mind” means in part that they are unable to think in their own best interests.

We saw an amazing example of that on December 1st when The Atlantic ran an article headlined, “The People Cheering for Humanity’s End: A disparate group of thinkers says we should welcome our demise.” Such people are not talking about the Second Coming or Judgment Day when God will complete His program of redemption. They are talking about a sad, empty ending to everything human that ever occurred. They long for an end to great thoughts, beautiful music, laughter, and smiles. They do not resonate with joy at the sound of children playing. They hope it all ends, the sooner the better.

When respected and influential members of society openly teach such abominations, we have moved into perilous times. More than that, we are raising children in perilous times. How should we respond?

I'll let you know when i find out.

Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

We're living in a generation that has exchanged the Truth for a Lie Empty Re: We're living in a generation that has exchanged the Truth for a Lie

Post by RV Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:55 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:https://harbingersdaily.com/we-live-in-a-generation-that-has-turned-from-solid-unchangeable-truth-to-a-quicksand-of-lies/

Any time we approach the end of a particularly tumultuous year, we look forward to the next year as a return to “normal.” But at this point, the old normal no longer exists. 2023 looks like a continuation of the last few years, only worse.

Sin deluges our society in countless ways. Consider this one. We live in a generation that has abandoned truth. The word now depicts an emotion. It’s about “how I feel about things,” rather than what is really so. Jesus spoke of truth as a foundation — something dependable that you can safely build on. But the people of our time portray truth as malleable. They speak of “Your truth,” and “My truth,” as different things.

But real truth does not change from person to person. Our understandings may be different, but truth is truth whether we understand it or not. People who devalue truth make themselves vulnerable to things like fake news, fraud, duplicity, hypocrisy, treachery, manipulation, cunning, guile, and just plain lying. Jesus prophesied that the last days would be a time of deception, and here we are.

Romans 1:25 speaks of a people who “exchanged the truth of God for a lie.” They turn from solid, unchangeable truth to a quicksand of lies. Verse 28 says God gives such people over to “a depraved mind.” For years I have said that a “depraved mind” means in part that they are unable to think in their own best interests.

We saw an amazing example of that on December 1st when The Atlantic ran an article headlined, “The People Cheering for Humanity’s End: A disparate group of thinkers says we should welcome our demise.” Such people are not talking about the Second Coming or Judgment Day when God will complete His program of redemption. They are talking about a sad, empty ending to everything human that ever occurred. They long for an end to great thoughts, beautiful music, laughter, and smiles. They do not resonate with joy at the sound of children playing. They hope it all ends, the sooner the better.

When respected and influential members of society openly teach such abominations, we have moved into perilous times. More than that, we are raising children in perilous times. How should we respond?

I'll let you know when i find out.

This is all laid out in the Bible, book of Revelation. How should we respond? People need to realize that they are no match for the devil. The devil has only one worthy opponent, Jesus Christ.

These television "preachers" who claim that sending THEM money will "give the devil a black eye" are clueless, money hungry and anything but, following the Bible!
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down