Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Esquire Shoe Polish/making your own

2 posters

Go down

Esquire Shoe Polish/making your own Empty Esquire Shoe Polish/making your own

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:15 pm

Tonite i was looking for my collection of shoe polishes to work on a pair of leather shoes...nothing special...just giving them a coat of polish to protect them..they're used mostly for just stepping outside to get wood for the fireplace. Anyway. Did it and my polish was dry and crumbly and i hate that so i got online to see how to fix it. Found a little lady who spoke some other language but i was able to follow the video part and all i have to do is to use a little virgin olive oil and let it set and ive got creamy polish again.

While doing that i saw Ebay and etsy had ........vintage esquire tins...nothing in them..just the tin and they wanted..>.TEN DOLLARS FOR THE EMPTY CANS!!! Have a passel of those. LOLOL the brush etc etc etc. come to find out...i'm sitting on a gold mine.

Anyway, Prices are going up and i found this brit guy who tells you how to make your own!!!

Interesting. NOW i can have Any Color i want.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Esquire Shoe Polish/making your own Empty Re: Esquire Shoe Polish/making your own

Post by 2cent Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:36 am

If he gave out the website addy for the oxide, I missed it. Have you got it?

@Calypso Jones, are you still making your homemade laundry soap?
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Esquire Shoe Polish/making your own Empty Re: Esquire Shoe Polish/making your own

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:19 pm

The olive oil thing works good. I also put it on the warming burner on my stove. looks brand new.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down