Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Best BuddyTaking a Nap in the Afternoon Sun

+5
Daily Bread
vege57
2cent
Red Lily
HawkTheSlayer
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My Best BuddyTaking a Nap in the Afternoon Sun - Page 2 Empty Re: My Best BuddyTaking a Nap in the Afternoon Sun

Post by vege57 Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:17 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:Youre a big softie Hawk lol
Yeah,  I am.
I just realized that cat has been in my life for almost 1/3rd  of it!

How old are you 30? lol
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

My Best BuddyTaking a Nap in the Afternoon Sun - Page 2 Empty Re: My Best BuddyTaking a Nap in the Afternoon Sun

Post by vege57 Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:23 pm

Its easy to become emotionally connected to a pet, I brought my sisters stock dog to the property a few years back it was past running around a few hundred hilly acres , I grew to love it, I was so upset when I had to have it put down , I buried it under my favourite plum tree, I thought that it could bring new life to the tree, which is around 60 years old. I always think of her when I eat the plums
vege57
vege57

Red Lily, Daily Bread and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:24 pm

You assholes are making me tear up 😥
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

Red Lily and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:34 pm

Daily Bread wrote:You assholes are making me tear up 😥

A few peeps had been giving me a hard time about her, " should do the decent thing and have her put down," I spoke to a local vet and asked them for an opinion . they said if she can still get around and you can treat the pain , and are able to care for her , don't feel pressured to put her down , a few months later I felt is was the time , I held her when they injected her, She looked at me like" what the fuck are they doing ", she shuddered then she was gone, It was very upsetting
vege57
vege57

Red Lily, Daily Bread and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:36 am

vege57 wrote:

A few peeps had been giving me a hard time about her, " should do the decent thing and have her put down," I spoke to a local vet and asked them for an opinion . they said if she can still get around and you can treat the pain , and are able to care for her , don't feel pressured to put her down , a few months later I felt is was the time , I held her when they injected her, She looked at me like" what the fuck are they doing ", she shuddered then she was gone, It was very upsetting
That's exactly my story with my Akita . She had a stroke and I carried to the vet , they  told me that they couldn't do anything and she'll  never be able to walk again . I held her in my lap while they put her down and she was staring at me till she passed . They told me that they would cremate her because she was so big and the town laws wouldn't allow me to bury her on my property . I told them that no one was going to stop me from giving my dog her place in my yard and I brought her home and buried her properly .
I'll never get another pet again after having to do that to her.
Had her for 13 years . Every night she would patrol the kids room and make sure they were safe .
She also was capable of staying on a deck at a 90° angle lol

.My Best BuddyTaking a Nap in the Afternoon Sun - Page 2 Img_2029
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, vege57 and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:29 pm

vege57 wrote:

It's awful having a pet put down.
I have had a few die, one in my arms, one as I was watching her. Sad

Sprintcyclist

Red Lily, Daily Bread and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:03 pm

Yes . That won't happen again
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:59 pm

Daily Bread wrote:Yes . That won't happen again

When i get shot of this place I will get another dog for companionship, a working breed , something that enjoys round up the sheep,,
vege57
vege57

Sprintcyclist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:07 pm

Although my heart has been broken many times losing animals I'd like one more dog (and/or cat) before I drop off the vine.

They love unconditionally and don't judge.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:58 pm

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:Youre a big softie Hawk lol
Yeah,  I am.
I just realized that cat has been in my life for almost 1/3rd  of it!

How old are you 30? lol

Don't they teach math in New Zealand?  smackbum
Crusader
Crusader

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum