Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Silent majority' of Disney employees oppose woke 'godmother' name change

4 posters

:: Media :: Hollywood

Go down

'Silent majority' of Disney employees oppose woke 'godmother' name change Empty 'Silent majority' of Disney employees oppose woke 'godmother' name change

Post by Red Lily Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:49 pm

Most Disney employees oppose left-leaning efforts to promote inclusion, such as the recent change to the "Fairy Godmother"-themed titles at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiques at Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland in California igniting internet outrage, a Disney cast member told Fox News Digital.

"There is a plaque as you enter Disney World that reads 'Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy,' but increasingly it's becoming the world of wokeness, political correctness, and indoctrination," Jose Castillo, a current Walt Disney Company employee who is running for Congress in Florida as a Republican, told Fox News Digital on Wednesday. "This isn't what Walt Disney envisioned, and it isn't what Disney's fans signed up for."

~snip~

"This is basically just another unnecessary political statement and more pandering to the fringe left," Castillo told Fox News Digital. "It seems that Disney's executives just can't help themselves. They continue to double down on extreme wokeness, which only serves to alienate their customers and employees."

"Plenty of my colleagues here at Disney have been with the company for decades – they can't wait to retire, because of this constant pushing of radical agendas," Castillo added. "I can't stress enough that the majority of people working at Disney do not support this stuff."

~snip~

After Disney condemned the law, the Florida legislature passed and Governor Ron DeSantis signed legislation stripping Walt Disney World of a decades-old special agreement that allowed the theme park to govern itself.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/silent-majority-of-disney-employees-oppose-woke-godmother-name-change-cast-member-says/ar-AAZPIqE?li=BBorjTa

No more Fairy Godmothers now it's Bibbidi Bobbidis.  Rolling Eyes   'Silent majority' of Disney employees oppose woke 'godmother' name change 1435984250

Disney is 'woking' themselves out of existence and from what I've seen lately it's becoming more famous for its mass brawling than anything else.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/07/21/disney-world-fight-family-massive-brawl-magic-kingdom/

Fence it off and leave the cretins inside.  It's certainly NO place for kids anymore!
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

'Silent majority' of Disney employees oppose woke 'godmother' name change Empty Re: 'Silent majority' of Disney employees oppose woke 'godmother' name change

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:07 pm

bibbity bobbities. I don't think so.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

'Silent majority' of Disney employees oppose woke 'godmother' name change Empty Re: 'Silent majority' of Disney employees oppose woke 'godmother' name change

Post by 2cent Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:23 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:bibbity bobbities. I don't think so.
? You didn't like Disney's Cinderella?

On another note, I don't 'get' this: (below)
"Fairy Godmothers in Training," now bear the title "Fairy Godmother's Apprentices," in an apparent attempt to be gender-neutral,
How does changing word "in Training," to "Apprentices," work to make it more 'gender neutral'?

Regardless, so glad to hear people speaking up of late - in more areas than just this. The pendulum has begun to swing.
2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:29 pm

2cent wrote:
?  You didn't like Disney's Cinderella?

On another note, I don't 'get' this:  (below)
"Fairy Godmothers in Training," now bear the title "Fairy Godmother's Apprentices," in an apparent attempt to be gender-neutral,
How does changing word "in Training," to "Apprentices," work to make it more 'gender neutral'?  

Regardless, so glad to hear people speaking up of late - in more areas than just this.  The pendulum has begun to swing.  

I didn't get that part either. I figured it was just due to the lack of editing we see in articles now? 'Silent majority' of Disney employees oppose woke 'godmother' name change 553500953

It's rare to read an article that has good grammar and spelling these days let alone having to read sections more than once because they make no sense lol.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Calypso Jones and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:23 pm

Red Lily wrote:
2cent wrote:
?  You didn't like Disney's Cinderella?

On another note, I don't 'get' this:  (below)

Regardless, so glad to hear people speaking up of late - in more areas than just this.  The pendulum has begun to swing.  

I didn't get that part either.  I figured it was just due to the lack of editing we see in articles now?  'Silent majority' of Disney employees oppose woke 'godmother' name change 553500953

It's rare to read an article that has good grammar and spelling these days let alone having to read sections more than once because they make no sense lol.
And here I thought it was me. lol

Aside from their lousy education, there is no such thing as proof readers anymore.  They rely on that machine called spell check, never realizing that it's not a human who can pick up mistakes that a machine can't.
And no one reproaches their laziness.

Not that you didn't know all that. It's simply that you're cheaper than a counselor.
2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:47 pm

The madness of these militant homosexuals, will destroy Disney - as it destroyed Sparta and Wiemar Germany, and San Francisco, and probably a thousand other places.

This is not how civilized people live - flaunting their sexuality and demanding compliance with their petty grievances from paying patrons.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:09 am

Casey Jones wrote:The madness of these militant homosexuals, will destroy Disney - as it destroyed Sparta and Wiemar Germany, and San Francisco, and probably a thousand other places.

This is not how civilized people live - flaunting their sexuality and demanding compliance with their petty grievances from paying patrons.
The article is about the silent majority working at Disney no longer putting up w/said madness, along w/a guy whose worked for them speaking out, to the point of running for congress.
2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down