Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mama Black Bear and Her Two Cubs Shot Dead After State Officials Think They're Getting Too Close to Homeless Camp

4 posters

Go down

Mama Black Bear and Her Two Cubs Shot Dead After State Officials Think They're Getting Too Close to Homeless Camp Empty Mama Black Bear and Her Two Cubs Shot Dead After State Officials Think They're Getting Too Close to Homeless Camp

Post by Red Lily Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:11 pm

A family of black bears is dead after Alaska wildlife officials determined the animals were getting too close to an Anchorage park populated by the homeless.

The Alaska Department of Fish and Game announced they’d killed four bears in a Tuesday statement.

The animals had entered a tent in Centennial Park looking for food. This development led the authorities to deem the bears a threat to public safety.

The park had been repurposed for use by the homeless, according to the Anchorage Daily News.

The city of Anchorage had directed homeless residents to the park after closing a municipal arena for use as a shelter in June.

https://www.westernjournal.com/mama-black-bear-two-cubs-shot-dead-state-officials-think-getting-close-homeless-camp/

Seriously? Move the homeless into a park with nature then kill any animals who go near them? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Mama Black Bear and Her Two Cubs Shot Dead After State Officials Think They're Getting Too Close to Homeless Camp Empty Re: Mama Black Bear and Her Two Cubs Shot Dead After State Officials Think They're Getting Too Close to Homeless Camp

Post by 2cent Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:50 pm

A little of two minds on this one, Red. OTOH, I normally go for protecting humans over animals. OTOH, the homeless have created such a problem, and the bears such a small one.

The hitch is, what created the homelessness, in the first place. Still, homeless tent shelters should be a thing unheard of in one of the wealthiest, and strongest, countries in the world.

I'm so infuriated with this government for purposely working toward destroying the most wonderful nation on earth, that it's beyond by ken to know where to begin with what to do w/my anger!!!

Oh goodness. How did I end up going down that trail?
2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Mama Black Bear and Her Two Cubs Shot Dead After State Officials Think They're Getting Too Close to Homeless Camp Empty Re: Mama Black Bear and Her Two Cubs Shot Dead After State Officials Think They're Getting Too Close to Homeless Camp

Post by Red Lily Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:05 am

In most circumstances I'd certainly be one to protect humans over animals too but animals should be allowed their own space and to live in peace.

We take SO much from them then shoot them when they infringe and scare us. I don't abide that. Animals need protection from humans.

I don't want to sound harsh but the mother was probably looking to feed her cubs and the homeless are pigs with crap strewn everywhere which would obviously attract hungry animals.

I just think there could have been a better way than just killing them.

Red Lily
Red Lily

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:23 am

Red Lily wrote:In most circumstances I'd certainly be one to protect humans over animals too but animals should be allowed their own space and to live in peace.  

We take SO much from them then shoot them when they infringe and scare us.  I don't abide that.   Animals need protection from humans.

I don't want to sound harsh but the mother was probably looking to feed her cubs and the homeless are pigs with crap strewn everywhere which would obviously attract hungry animals.

I just think there could have been a better way than just killing them.

We are most sincerely on the same wavelength on this one, Red. Humans have the larger responsibility, in this case, and they didn't attend to it.
2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:59 am

So big Alaskan bears are running about all over the place, and the homeless are sleeping.

So send the homeless on a barge to Seattle. I'm sorry but I don't see the problem.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:03 am

Offer the homeless a free one way cruise to Seattle. They can't just keep killing animals to protect the squatters. They could have at least tranquilized the bears and relocated them to a remote location. There are lots of those in Alaska.
Crusader
Crusader

Red Lily, 2cent and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down