Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Atlantic's Never Trumpers....evil never sleeps RaheemKassam substack...Tom Nichols

3 posters

:: Media :: MSM

Go down

The Atlantic's Never Trumpers....evil never sleeps  RaheemKassam substack...Tom Nichols Empty The Atlantic's Never Trumpers....evil never sleeps RaheemKassam substack...Tom Nichols

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:51 pm

https://raheemkassam.substack.com/p/tom-nichols-exemplar-of-bedswerving

Raheem Kassam's Substack.

Tom Nichols: Exemplar of Bedswerving D.C. Grifters.
...and how very frustrating it is.

Raheem Kassam
Jun 22

It will never, ever cease to amaze me how repugnant “Never Trumpers” like The Atlantic’s Tom Nichols are. If you’re squeamish about language, probably click away now. Because here I am, at my desk, at 7pm in the evening, in nought but a towel, writing about this useless old twat who grifts from the coffers of the widow of Steve Jobs.

And I care so little about Nichols himself – a man more corpulent from his own arrogance than his actual physical obesity it beggars belief he can even mash a sentence together without Homer Simpson’s dialing wand.

No, what pisses me off is that for decades the conservative movement underwrote people like Nichols, and the shite they write about today is a direct result of the patronage he received from institutions like The Heritage Foundation and National Review.

So what set me off this rainy Capitol Hill evening? Read for yourself, as Nichols regales us with his bluster about January 6th. And remember, this bloatbag fashions himself as an “historian”:
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Atlantic's Never Trumpers....evil never sleeps  RaheemKassam substack...Tom Nichols Empty Re: The Atlantic's Never Trumpers....evil never sleeps RaheemKassam substack...Tom Nichols

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:54 pm

I don’t even know where to start but for the sake of you and my blood pressure, I will keep it to two points.

It is quite evidently the Democratic Party of America, in tandem with their horrifically out of touch globalist institutions that have undermined the word “democracy”. Not that this word should be as hallowed as they would have us believe anyway. Democracy is a system, not a philosophy. It’s the least worst, according to Churchill, but I’m not sure I share his generosity on the topic. “Our democracy,” is literally the phrase the left deploys when they are tantruming about not getting their own way. Nichols is doing that here, too. But he delves further into his cowardly trench by projecting upon his now opposition (he left the Republican Party some years ago) to the very behavior that has colored the left for decades: violence.

Which brings me to the highlighted section, perhaps the most risible piece of political writing I’ve read in years: “They want what they want and they will hurt anyone who gets in their way. Their goal is to make public service a hazardous undertaking.” Really, Tommy boy? This, coming from the side who chant “fry them like bacon” at police, burn down businesses, churches, homes and vehicles? The side who literally besieged the White House, harassed staffers, LITERALLY SHOT AT CONGRESSMAN ON A BASEBALL FIELD, and just last week got caught trying to assassinate a Supreme Court Justice because they were upset they wouldn’t be allowed to wantonly murder babies anymore? This is the level of denial or lying people like Tom have reached? If anyone on the academic right tried to get away with such drivel, they’d be turfed out of their institutions. Instead, Tom will probably get a(nother) box of donuts.

It’s just so fucking laughable, it really is.

And for those of you who still ask, it is discourse like this that keeps me away from a camera and microphone with any regularity. I am sparing you my unceasing profanity at the willfully imbecilic “hot takes” of someone who thinks its insightful to opine that a political movement “wants what it wants.”

It’s too late to stop Tom being Tom. But there are plenty of these bedswervers who jump between sides for cash, at a cost to the nation’s political climate. And there are plenty of conservative institutions that still house and publish them. I don’t want to have to come back here and cite this rant while addressing some other Benedict Arnold character.

Root them out. Now.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

The Atlantic's Never Trumpers....evil never sleeps  RaheemKassam substack...Tom Nichols Empty Re: The Atlantic's Never Trumpers....evil never sleeps RaheemKassam substack...Tom Nichols

Post by 2cent Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:53 am

You get the same thing from the average bb. The Left insists that it the Right causing all the pain and mayhem in this country, while refusing to listen to a word the Left has to say.
One difference - The average Lefty never did pretend to be on 'our' side.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:57 pm

Long gone are the days of Bill Buckley's National Review.

Calypso Jones and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:45 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Long gone are the days of Bill Buckley's National Review.
You can say that again. And a true tragedy it is.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:48 pm

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/08/evil_never_takes_a_holiday.html
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down