Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pup refuses to leave his masters side even when taken to hospital

4 posters

Go down

Pup refuses to leave his masters side even when taken to hospital Empty Pup refuses to leave his masters side even when taken to hospital

Post by Calypso Jones Fri May 06, 2022 6:55 pm

Now this kindness out of medical or authorities to me is not the usual. This pup followed his owner to the hospital and waited. happy ending. The staff moved the owner to hall where the dog could be with him and then when the owner was taken home in ambulance the driver went slow so that the pup could keep up. Kindness.

https://www.thedodo.com/daily-dodo/faithful-dog-refuses-to-leave-side-of-friend-being-taken-to-the-hospital

Makes me think and weep again over the loss of my puppy girl who slept on the bed with me when i was so sick i actually thought i might die. She stayed with me with no food, no bathroom unless someone thought to take care of her. She never left me.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, 2cent, JMWinPR, Lone Gunman and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Pup refuses to leave his masters side even when taken to hospital Empty Re: Pup refuses to leave his masters side even when taken to hospital

Post by Lummy Fri May 06, 2022 7:56 pm

You can Google many similar stories of dog devotion.

https://baharystudios.com/art/always-faithful

Pup refuses to leave his masters side even when taken to hospital 3561531328
Lummy
Lummy

HawkTheSlayer, jirqoadai and Lone Gunman like this post

Back to top Go down

Pup refuses to leave his masters side even when taken to hospital Empty Re: Pup refuses to leave his masters side even when taken to hospital

Post by 2cent Sat May 07, 2022 12:06 am

Aww. :thumbsup2: Pup refuses to leave his masters side even when taken to hospital 452754053
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer, Lone Gunman, Lummy and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Theus Wed May 18, 2022 11:27 am

My border collie used to jump onto mom's hospital bed when she became bedridden the last 2 years. I was concerned at first, afraid she might jump right into the middle of her since she was pretty frail and easily bruised in her last years. But Mollie was always so gentle, and just snuggled up next to her, and would lay there for hours letting mom pet her.... Animals are AWESOME!
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Calypso Jones, 2cent, Lone Gunman and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Wed May 18, 2022 1:42 pm

Elizabeth Theus wrote:My border collie used to  jump onto mom's hospital bed when she became bedridden the last 2 years.  I was concerned at first, afraid she might jump right into the middle of her since she was pretty frail and easily bruised in her last years.  But Mollie was always so gentle, and just snuggled up next to her, and would lay there for hours letting mom pet her....   Animals are AWESOME!
How swell that your mom had a warm, close companion. And how neat - My S-in-L, who lived across the road, had a border collie named Mollie, too. Her g-kids hung around w/my kids, and there was Mollie, constantly at their sides.
Yes, border collies are some wonderful dogs!
2cent
2cent

Lone Gunman and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Theus Wed May 18, 2022 4:10 pm

2cent wrote:
Elizabeth Theus wrote:My border collie used to  jump onto mom's hospital bed when she became bedridden the last 2 years.  I was concerned at first, afraid she might jump right into the middle of her since she was pretty frail and easily bruised in her last years.  But Mollie was always so gentle, and just snuggled up next to her, and would lay there for hours letting mom pet her....   Animals are AWESOME!
How swell that your mom had a warm, close companion.  And how neat - My S-in-L, who lived across the road, had a border collie named Mollie, too.  Her g-kids hung around w/my kids, and there was Mollie, constantly at their sides.  
Yes, border collies are some wonderful dogs!

Actually, Mollie was MY dog. Got her at one of those adoption days at PetSmart. When I came around the end of the aisle, she saw me and started racing toward me like we had been long lost pals. Freckles was more mom's dog. But, the last few years of mom's life, Mollie must have known she was needed that way, and chose to cuddle to her for hours and keep her company. She was a border collie-mix, but we never knew what she was mixed with. Freckles was a Springer-spaniel mix, and she was a real sweetheart too. Mom picked her out, dad and I tried to talk her out of it cause she was too much dog for her. Mom was only about 5'1", and 110 pounds, and Freckles would get so excited and jump up on her and almost knock her right off her feet. I was telling one of the vets I worked with at Operation Wild Life about it, and she said next time she jumped up on you, grab her front paws, and start walking her backwards. Somehow, it stretches a muscle in their back legs that hurts, but, they think they're doing it to themselves, and after 4 or 5 times, she stopped doing it, and somehow became MY dog too ;o)) Maybe cause I was the one who always took them to the park and let them off the leash to run... Park was one of the words we had to start spelling after a while, otherwise, they'd both go to the kitchen and pull their leashes off the hook.
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down