Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ear sticks

+4
Daily Bread
Red Lily
jirqoadai
HawkTheSlayer
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ear sticks Empty Ear sticks

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:31 pm

Lol. I went to the Evil Empire(Wal-Mart) earlier in the week. Bread went from 88 cents  to 93 cents or about a 6% increase.  Vienna sausage from 47 to 53 to 58 cents , quick. Can't cut um down any more . It already looks bad enough as the can is only 3/4 full.
Good cat litter like Tidy Cat is around $15/35 pound bucket. I like those buckets! Lol. It's pretty much dust free and clumping.

Wal-Mart brand , cheap, cat litter was $2.98 when I first starting buying it. Now over 6 dollars and dust everywhere. Not having that where i live now with the cat box inside.

Eggs, sky high. Just saw on the news that avian flu is killing a lot of laying hens, so expect higher prices.  

Beer, about $2 a case/30 pack higher than 8 months ago.
Liquor holding steady. Lol.

Getting back to Vienna sausage and the point.
I bought some wal mart Q-Tips. I always buy a big pack of 500 about once a year. Found some 750 packs for cheap. $3.38

But I noticed immediately,  the hidden inflation. The stick was shorter and the cotton on the end was less too!

Ear sticks 20220430

Red Lily, Daily Bread and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Ear sticks Empty Re: Ear sticks

Post by jirqoadai Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:43 pm

ask Oil-dri who uses their clay absorbtion products in their kitty litter. then buy that. they are your neighbor.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:08 pm

Tinned cat food here went from 85c to $1.50 overnight.  Litter (10kg/22lb) bag went from $5.30 to $6.98.

Ear sticks Mad

Not happy Jan!

Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:45 pm

[quote="HawkTheSlayer"]Lol. I went to the Evil Empire(Wal-Mart) earlier in the week. Bread went from 88 cents  to 93 cents or about a 6% increase.  Vienna sausage from 47 to 53 to 58 cents , quick. Can't cut um down any more . It already looks bad enough as the can is only 3/4 full.
Good cat litter like Tidy Cat is around $15/35 pound bucket. I like those buckets! Lol. It's pretty much dust free and clumping.

Wal-Mart brand , cheap, cat litter was $2.98 when I first starting buying it. Now over 6 dollars and dust everywhere. Not having that where i live now with the cat box inside.

Eggs, sky high. Just saw on the news that avian flu is killing a lot of laying hens, so expect higher prices.  

Beer, about $2 a case/30 pack higher than 8 months ago.
Liquor holding steady. Lol.

Getting back to Vienna sausage and the point.
I bought some wal mart Q-Tips. I always buy a big pack of 500 about once a year. Found some 750 packs for cheap. $3.38

But I noticed immediately,  the hidden inflation. The stick was shorter and the cotton on the end was less too!

Ear sticks 20220430[/quote

Check out the weights on the products too . A pound of coffee became 14oz a decade ago and than went to 13 oz - now that same size can is 10.3 oz . Ice cream is doing the same thing . I mentioned last week that a cereal buyer Tom me that box of cereal will cost you another $2 by the end of the month .
Notice how all the Democrats that frequented our neighborhoods have suddenly shut up about being registered in that god forsaken political party . Beating them in November won't be enough - they need to cease to exist .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:11 am

Red Lily wrote:Tinned cat food here went from 85c to $1.50 overnight.  Litter (10kg/22lb) bag went from $5.30 to $6.98.

Ear sticks Mad

Not happy Jan!

What's the difference between some one on Welfare vs Social Security? The person on Welfare feeds their cat tuna because you can't buy cat food on food stamps. The person on Social Security eats cat food because he can't afford tuna

JMWinPR

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:55 am

thats a misconception that it takes huge sums of money to feed individuals. for them to eat lavishly, of course. i am still capable of eating on a weekly budget of $35
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:57 am

That cutip thingy....the walmart brand is inferior to any of the others. The captain 'bout had a COW when he had to use those. SO. I don't buy that anymore..i have to buy the brand that are the good ones but then...how long will that last when the price gets so high they start skrimping on the quality and size.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:36 pm

Even the named brand QTips seem to not have the amount of cotton protection on them . We're at their mercy
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

Calypso Jones and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:29 pm

Daily Bread wrote:Even the named brand QTips seem to not have the amount of cotton protection on them . We're at their mercy
Yup. And I use 'em to dust with, and it makes the task more difficult.
2cent
2cent

Daily Bread and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:29 pm

I never used them for dusting ( never tried it) but I do use a soft bristle brush with Endust applied to get into scroll work on cabinets or molding . Its a lot faster than a small QTip but your way may do a better job - I just don't have the patience .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next