Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

in need of help

2 posters

Go down

in need of help Empty in need of help

Post by jirqoadai Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:53 am

i was learned that these actions were fact a long time ago at the CW battle of Sharpsburg. i can not for the life of me now find cooberating evidence on line: early on the morning of the day of battle, there was a " brigade " of approx 250 men in two units. but it was composed of 5 regiments. this unit had taken cover at the extreme northern edge of Millers cornfield. as the first union division aproached out of the North woods, there were obvious gaps between the union brigades. one of the conf halves, either two or three " regiments " at that time slunk back deeper into the corn, and deployed in file between where two union brigades were to enter Millers field. as the union men approched near the field, the other " half " of the csa brigade rattled the cornstalks being deployed in line but into two halves themselves, also deep into the corn. the union canon fired grape over the division, the union inf advanced into the corn, and the csa men in file, devided by half, ( 45-60 men each ) fired into both union brigades rear and flanks. then layed flat on the ground. after the union brigades shot into eachother, the entire csa brigade bolted due south en mass. im presently attempting to confirm what i was taught over 45 years ago, and i draw blanks from all sources. i do remember one book in particular called ~ Antietam, a soldiers battle~  that half heartedly explained these happenstances but in a bit more precise detail. IF ANYONE here cares to suggest where i might look, im all ears. Thanking you in advance, jebe.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

in need of help Empty Re: in need of help

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:36 am

I have some books on that. I'll see what i can find.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

jirqoadai likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:06 am

for the union, it was Gibson on the left as youd face south into the corn, and Phelps on the right. ( i just noticed this clown Gibson was the very same dork who took too many causualties against the Nez Perce that he could not pursue, even though the injuns only lost five men in this battle )
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:00 pm

you know how hard it's going to be to find that story if it exists in today's cancel history culture?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:10 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:you know how hard it's going to be to find that story if it exists in today's cancel history culture?
you have books? Antietam: A Soldiers Battle. written by a professor of history. last place i read about this happening at sharpsburg. it apears the PAVN did the same thing to us as we walked out of Ia Drang. they mustve read about it from somewhere too.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum