Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Korea publicly executes people caught watching K-pop, forces their families to look on

+2
HawkTheSlayer
Elizabeth Theus
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

North Korea publicly executes people caught watching K-pop, forces their families to look on Empty North Korea publicly executes people caught watching K-pop, forces their families to look on

Post by Elizabeth Theus Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:27 pm

North Korea has publicly executed at least seven people in the past decade caught watching or distributing K-pop videos from South Korea, a human rights group said Wednesday as part of a new report investigating state-sanctioned killings under leader Kim Jong-un.

In the report, titled, “Mapping Killings Under Kim Jong-un,” the Seoul-based Transitional Justice Working Group claimed that North Korea's young leader has responded to international scrutiny over the country's human rights abuse record by clamping down on information leakage and selecting execution sites that are easier for his government to control.

But through analyses of satellite imagery and interviews with 683 North Korean escapees, the rights group said it was able to account for at least 23 public executions over the last 10 years, seven of which were carried out simply for engaging with South Korean pop culture entertainment — including songs, movies, and TV dramas.

The other public executions were reportedly for "drug-related crimes (5), prostitution (5), human trafficking (4), murder or attempted murder (3), and 'obscene acts' (3)," the group said.

Don't miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.

The New York Times appeared to be the first U.S. outlet to report on the group's work. The paper previously reported that Kim Jong-un had called K-pop a "vicious cancer" that is corrupting young North Koreans’ “attire, hairstyles, speeches, behaviors." And that, if nothing was done, it would make North Korea “crumble like a damp wall.”

The Times said that a new law was enacted last December in North Korea aimed at stopping the flow of K-pop into the country from China. It calls for up to 15 years of labor camp sentencing for people who watch or possess the South Korean material. But for those who distribute the material, the punishment can be even stiffer and include the death penalty.

According to the rights group, the country likely continues to punish the distribution of such material by public execution, as well, in an effort to warn onlookers about the seriousness of the crime.

The group said that most of the executions took place in Hyesan, a northern city that borders China and is considered a major trade hub and entry point for K-pop smuggling. Officials in the city would mobilize the public to come to the execution site and look on as they killed the accused by firing squad.

"The families of those being executed were often forced to watch the execution,” the group reported. It added that officials often engaged in the inhumane treatment of the accused persons both prior to and after the execution.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/north-korea-executes-people-kpop?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202021-12-15&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM

Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Back to top Go down

North Korea publicly executes people caught watching K-pop, forces their families to look on Empty Re: North Korea publicly executes people caught watching K-pop, forces their families to look on

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:46 pm

I thought K-Pop was a new cereal.

NoKo couldn't care less. No one is coming to the rescue of these people.

Back to top Go down

North Korea publicly executes people caught watching K-pop, forces their families to look on Empty Re: North Korea publicly executes people caught watching K-pop, forces their families to look on

Post by jirqoadai Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:53 pm

K-Pop was the foreign exchange student from Somalia who forced Joe Biden to hold his ballsack ofn the sand while he raped Jill.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:36 am

Hmmmm... "K-Pop", Korn Pop?
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:58 am

RV wrote:Hmmmm... "K-Pop", Korn Pop?
North Korea publicly executes people caught watching K-pop, forces their families to look on 773625082

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:51 pm

The Captain bought me a Keurig for Christmas...that i didn't want.  LOL   It's for him.   I'm going to have to put a great deal of thought into his birthday present in January. K-cups. that's what triggered this post. Very expensive for mid grade coffee.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:53 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:The Captain bought me a Keurig for Christmas...that i didn't want.  LOL   It's for him.   I'm going to have to put a great deal of thought into his birthday present in January.  K-cups.   that's what triggered this post.    Very expensive  for mid grade coffee.

Give him a box of Wal-Mart tea! Lol.

Calypso Jones and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:50 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:The Captain bought me a Keurig for Christmas...that i didn't want.  LOL   It's for him.   I'm going to have to put a great deal of thought into his birthday present in January.  K-cups.   that's what triggered this post.    Very expensive  for mid grade coffee.

What we have found is that the quality of the water you use makes a huge difference in the taste, quality and smell of the coffee regardless of how it is made.
RV
RV

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:00 pm

hmm.  yes.  you're right.  When i brew tea i get the absolute best tea when i use distilled water.

and did you know RV that you can improve a below standard tasting coffee with a dash of salt?

You need a whole shaker full for starbucks and duncan donut coffee.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:29 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:hmm.  yes.  you're right.  When i brew tea i get the absolute best tea when i use distilled water.

and did you know RV that you can improve a below standard tasting coffee with a dash of salt?

You need a whole shaker full for Starbucks and Duncan Donuts coffee.

Yup, I agree! Starbucks is way too expensive for the average person.
RV
RV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next