Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘Don’t eat that s**t’: Ex-hotel employee reveals nauseating reasons to avoid continental breakfasts

+3
Lummy
HawkTheSlayer
Elizabeth Theus
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

‘Don’t eat that s**t’: Ex-hotel employee reveals nauseating reasons to avoid continental breakfasts Empty ‘Don’t eat that s**t’: Ex-hotel employee reveals nauseating reasons to avoid continental breakfasts

Post by Elizabeth Theus Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:24 pm

A former hotel employee shared some tips with travelers in a TikTok video about the much-loved continental breakfast many lower-tier hotels offer that may make viewers think twice before reaching for the waffle maker.

Brandi Augustus, 36, shared the insider knowledge in a video that has since garnered over 1.5 million views.

“If your hotel serves, like, a hot continental breakfast or whatever — eggs, waffles, stuff like that — don’t eat that s***,” Augustus advised, citing her 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry.

@brandiaugustusDon’t eat the free breakfast! #hotelhacks #nightaudit #hotel♬ Playmate at a scary scene – Kohrogi
“I have worked at numerous brands of hotels and what I’ve come to realize is that they don’t give a s*** about that continental breakfast,” she continued.

Augustus went on to specify that the ‘they’ who don’t care about the breakfast are corporate and management.

At one hotel, the night auditor was training the TikToker when he told her to use “one paper towel to clean everything” from tables to spatulas all night because it was more “environmentally friendly” than a rag, sponge, or more paper towels.

Another consideration at a continental breakfast bar is the waffle station. “Check the waffle maker and see if the waffle maker is even clean, because often times it’s not,” the TikToker told viewers, “Much more awful than that is the fact that that waffle batter don’t get made everyday. That waffle batter gets reused until it starts to smell like beer.”

“When I was told to smell the waffle batter to check if it was still good I just lost all hope. That completely soured my stomach as the batter had a slight smell to it but the container was a little over half full, so instead of wasting the old batter I was told to just mix new batter into it and the smell would go away. That smell was bacteria multiplying,” Augustus recalled one particularly stomach-turning ordeal.

While Augustus was worried about being attacked by others in the hotel industry for divulging the information, viewers in the comments backed her up. Some even asked for more industry secrets from behind the scenes.

“The handling of the bread and pastries was the first thing that gave me immediate pause and made me say something. Gloves weren’t used and hands weren’t washed and this was food that was removed from the buffet the morning prior, so who knows how many sets of hands had touched it all,” Augustus said to The Sun adding, “Bread and pastries are often recycled and picked over for days.”

Hotel-goers should avoid the sausage as well, if possible. “Sausage is not supposed to be grey. Stop eating grey sausage,” the TikToker stated.

Despite reporting the less than hygienic practices to her managers, nothing was done to improve conditions. According to the TikToker, by their logic, “they passed health checks, so they couldn’t be doing too bad.”

For those who just can’t give up their hotel breakfast, Augustus shared some advice to keep in mind when selecting hotels, namely to look for those that offer “made-to-order breakfast.”

“The chances of getting food poisoning seem to decrease when you can see the person cooking your food, so always opt for the omelet station,” Augustus advised.

“I’m just trying to save y’all the headache…I would say if you were to do a hotel breakfast, like that is a qualifier for you to pick the hotel, do a DoubleTree, do something that has a chef that makes your breakfast included,” she shared.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/12/11/dont-eat-that-st-ex-hotel-employee-reveals-nauseating-reasons-to-avoid-continental-breakfasts-1174285/?utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_source=Get+Response&utm_term=EMAIL&utm_content=Newsletter&utm_campaign=bizpac

‘Don’t eat that s**t’: Ex-hotel employee reveals nauseating reasons to avoid continental breakfasts C766211b3e973c728ef75e7d7d3e01f9

Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Thom Paine likes this post

Back to top Go down

‘Don’t eat that s**t’: Ex-hotel employee reveals nauseating reasons to avoid continental breakfasts Empty Re: ‘Don’t eat that s**t’: Ex-hotel employee reveals nauseating reasons to avoid continental breakfasts

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:42 pm

I prefer my Subway poisoning.

Thom Paine, Lummy and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

‘Don’t eat that s**t’: Ex-hotel employee reveals nauseating reasons to avoid continental breakfasts Empty Re: ‘Don’t eat that s**t’: Ex-hotel employee reveals nauseating reasons to avoid continental breakfasts

Post by Lummy Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:23 pm

1 I don't believe her.
2 I don't believe her.
3 I don't believe her.
4 I don't care what she says.
Lummy
Lummy

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Sounds like a huge case of sour grapes and BS to me.   Probably got tossed out of a pay by the hour and went on a bitch binge.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:11 pm

I don't even look at them and say merry christmas.    They've set up at every walmart in the area, maybe even some other stores but i wasn't paying attention...and they're not there all the time either.   Almost like they're not wanting to do it.  Ive seen a few people put money i guess into the kettle...but i'm not.  I will put in this note when i see a kettle available.  "this   Receipt for ....One white hug.... in lieu of cash donation...Salvation Army...doin' the most dumb.

I think i put this in the wrong topic. I HATE when that happens!!

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Abby08 Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:42 pm

I never eat the hotel's breakfast, I want to get going as soon as possible so, it's up, shower, dress, pack up and leave.

I don't like to dawdle.
Abby08
Abby08

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:39 am

Human nature bein' what it is...yeah.  I believe the employee.   I've seen video from cameras hidden in hotel rooms how they clean.   One rag to clean toilets and glasses on counters.  I don't use that anymore.   The stories of dan savage licking door knobs to infect repubs with virus, the stories told by jesse jackass how he spit in the food of white people.  You see it all the time today where employees of starbucks and other fast food restaurants are sabotaging the food of the police.  Don't think they're not doing it to you.    any chance they get.  You see it in movies.  It gives people ideas.  It's a great passive aggressive way to hurt or show great disrespect to the person you consider an enemy. These are the malevolent ones....then you have the ones that are just trying to save money or make a profit at anyone's expense. Ever been food poisoned at a nationally known restaurant? you won't forget that.

I did something as a young girl that was much like this to get back at a person who was beating my mother and little brother.   That's as far as i'll go on that one.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Theus Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:07 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Human nature bein' what it is...yeah.  I believe the employee.   I've seen video from cameras hidden in hotel rooms how they clean.   One rag to clean toilets and glasses on counters.  I don't use that anymore.   The stories of dan savage licking door knobs to infect repubs with virus, the stories told by jesse jackass how he spit in the food of white people.  You see it all the time today where employees of starbucks and other fast food restaurants are sabotaging the food of the police.  Don't think they're not doing it to you.    any chance they get.  You see it in movies.  It gives people ideas.  It's a great passive aggressive way to hurt or show great disrespect to the person you consider an enemy.    These are the malevolent ones....then you have the ones that are just trying to save money or make a profit at anyone's expense.    Ever been food poisoned at a nationally known restaurant?  you won't forget that.

I did something as a young girl that was much like this to get back at a person who was beating my mother and little brother.   That's as far as i'll go on that one.

I sure as hell believe her. After staying at home and taking care of my mother the last 5 years of her life, I decided I didn't not want to go back into my old job of being an exec admin for VPs at Sprint again. I just wanted to do a job for the next couple of years until I could retire where when I left, my day was OVER. Didn't want to go home thinking about tomorrow...got to set up this meeting/that meeting, make travel arrangements, get employee invoices in so they could be reimbursed for expenses, etc etc etc. I worked for the Double Tree Hotel. OMG! What an eye opener! The lack of cleaning that goes on in what's believed to be such a nice chain of hotels!!! I NEVER NEVER NEVER want to stay at ANY hotel ever again! If you've never done housekeeping at a hotel-----------------you don't know SHIT!
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:53 pm

It depends on where you stay...or it did depend. I haven't used hotels in over two years, now...and everything has changed.

Yeah, Stupor Ate has a "continental breakfast buffet." It's as lame as it sounds. If I could score a banana and coffee, I was pleased.

I had gotten into the habit of staying at Holiday Inns. Now they're not cheap; but the extra $25-$50 used to get you

--a really clean room with everything working

--clerks and staff that spoke English - or at least the front-desk staff

--a very-good breakfast buffet. Often, omelettes made up on a steam tray. Or, at least, sausage sandwiches, along with fruit and cereal. And good coffee.

--Parking-lot security.

But, we're in the New Normal. I expect they've had to hire a lot of dirtbags; and even before we got Beer Cooties, the price of hotel-rooms was exploding. Super 8 used to be $8. Then, 20 years ago, it was $28, on average. Now, it's likely to be $88.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:21 pm

Hotels will only be for the Elites.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Casey Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next