Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Felon League: Former running back Zac Stacy arrested in Florida after video shows him beating ex-girlfriend

Go down

National Felon League: Former running back Zac Stacy arrested in Florida after video shows him beating ex-girlfriend Empty National Felon League: Former running back Zac Stacy arrested in Florida after video shows him beating ex-girlfriend

Post by Elizabeth Theus Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:46 pm

ORLANDO, FL – Former NFL running back Zac Stacy has been charged with two felonies following the release of a viral video of him appearing to assault his ex-girlfriend, Kristin Evans, according to the Orange County Police Department.

Orlando police officers took Stacy into custody as he got off a plane coming from Nashville. Records show Stacy was arrested for aggravated battery and criminal mischief and booked into the Orange County Jail Thursday evening.

Stacy is charged with felony aggravated battery and felony criminal mischief. The aggravated battery charge carries a sentence of up to 15 years and the criminal mischief carries a sentence of up to 5 years.

Authorities began searching for Stacy after a surveillance video allegedly showed Stacy beating his former girlfriend in front of their 5-month-old son, according to a redacted arrest affidavit obtained by The Tennessean.

An arrest warrant for Stacy was issued Wednesday by Oakland Police Department, sparking a nationwide manhunt.

The Oakland Police Department said it received a tip that Stacy was boarding a flight from Nashville to Orlando with the intention of turning himself in, per a news release Friday morning.

Authorities in Oakland, California, contacted police in Orlando, who took Stacy into custody without incident when his flight arrived. He was lodged in the Orange County jail.

He made an initial appearance before a judge Friday, per court records. His bond is currently set at $10,150.

Graphic video clips shared by Evans on social media appear to show the former New York Jets player attacking the woman at her Florida home on Saturday. A copy of the video was turned over to Oakland police.

The video showed Evans being struck several times in the head, thrown hard against a wall, and dragged on the floor. Oakland police detective Shawn Dozier wrote in the affidavit:

“(Stacy)) struck the victim twice to the back of her head with the first strike with an unknown object in his hand. (Stacy struck the woman on) the right side of her head and picked her up and threw her against the television.

“While (the victim) was on the floor, he continued yelling … picked her up again, and threw her onto the baby’s bouncy chair.”

The victim was also quoted saying:

“He punched me several times in the head! I begged him to stop because the baby was on the couch just a few feet from where he punched me. I fear for my life and my children’s lives.”

Evans also posted an emotional video on social media asking for the public’s help locating Stacy while he was still being sought by police:

“I just want to say thank you to everyone who has continued to support me in this ordeal. He’s still not apprehended. I don’t know why. His friends are hiding him. Please, if you know anything, contact your local authorities if you see him. He drives a white Kia Optima, a 2020 I believe or a 2021.

“Please, again, if you see him or you know of any location that he might be, please turn him in or call your local authorities.”

The affidavit said the former couple’s child and the woman’s other child from a different relationship were both sitting nearby when the alleged incident took place. The victim reportedly suffered “a contusion to her face, bruises to her torso, contusion to her left leg, and abrasions to her right leg.”

Following the former New York Jets and St. Louis Rams running back’s arrest, Evans posted a copy of his charges to social media with a comment:

“This isn’t a happy moment, but it’s a relieving one.”

She also posted Stacy’s mugshot on Instagram commenting:

“Personally, I feel the state should have several more charges, but thank you to everyone who made this possible!!! We are halfway there. CONVICTION & SENTENCING NEXT!”

Stacy was drafted by the former St. Louis Rams in the fifth round of the 2013 NFL Draft. The former Vanderbilt player spent two seasons with the franchise before he was traded to the Jets in 2015.

New York waived Stacy during the 2016 offseason after the running back failed a physical. Stacy announced his retirement from the NFL in February 2017.

Vanderbilt football Coach Clark Lea responded to news of the video on Thursday:

“We’re aware of the disturbing videos. Obviously, we absolutely condemn acts of domestic violence.

“The behavior has no place in our society and that’s really all I want to say about it. It’s disturbing.”

Editor note: In 2020, we saw a nationwide push to “defund the police”. While we all stood here shaking our heads wondering if these people were serious… they cut billions of dollars in funding for police officers. And as a result, crime has skyrocketed – all while the same politicians who said “you don’t need guns, the government will protect you” continued their attacks on both our police officers and our Second Amendment rights.

And that’s exactly why we’re launching this national crowdfunding campaign as part of our efforts to help “re-fund the police”.

For those looking for a quick link to get in the fight and support the cause, click here.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/former-nfl-player-zac-stacy-arrested-for-alleged-assault-of-ex-girlfriend/

Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Back to top Go down

National Felon League: Former running back Zac Stacy arrested in Florida after video shows him beating ex-girlfriend Empty Re: National Felon League: Former running back Zac Stacy arrested in Florida after video shows him beating ex-girlfriend

Post by Elizabeth Theus Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:48 pm

I miss the days when most sports figures conducted their lives with dignity and had respect for other people. This asshole is just a THUG!

National Felon League: Former running back Zac Stacy arrested in Florida after video shows him beating ex-girlfriend BlTta2lIgAAfajB
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Back to top Go down