Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obituaries

+16
Keith
Thom Paine
Abby08
Crusader
Elizabeth Theus
Lummy
Booman
Brat
Jen
2cent
JMWinPR
Red Lily
jirqoadai
HawkTheSlayer
vege57
Casey Jones
20 posters

Page 1 of 102 1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 102  Next

Go down

Obituaries Empty Obituaries

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:09 pm

Larry Flynt has bitten the big one.

Does anyone care?

Hopefully he accepted Christ.  

I doubt it but one can hope.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Brat, Lone Gunman and Garden House Queen like this post

Back to top Go down

Obituaries Empty Re: Obituaries

Post by vege57 Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:12 pm

RIP Larry, You were a fucken star mate Sad Sad
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:59 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Larry Flynt has bitten the big one.

Does anyone care?

Hopefully he accepted Christ.  

I doubt it but one can hope.

He accepted (fake conversion) and later rejected Christ. Ruth Carter Stapleton got headlines, and probably money, by publicly "converting" Larry. Lasted about a year. Not sure why I remember it, but it was in the nooze, late 1970s.

I don't know what to believe in terms of various earth-conceived religions, usually pushed by Elmer-Gantry-type operators; but I know this: If there's a Hell, Larry's in the center pit.

I don't think there's much love in the God-circles for panderers; and what Larry did, is exponentially more than a mere procurer and corrupter. He did it by the tens of thousands - using money to seduce young teenagers like Traci Lords and Shauna Grant to become on-camera prostitutes.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Garden House Queen likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:21 pm

His wife Althea was a goddess!
She took over much of the publishing duties after Larry was shot.

Not too long after, I think she passed away from AIDS.

Lone Gunman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:23 pm

I never bought those magazines. My roommates in college did and they would tell me about it. What a Face tongue

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:29 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:His wife Althea was a goddess!
She took over much of the publishing duties after Larry was shot.

Not too long after, I think she passed away from AIDS.

Althea Leasure was an underage stripper - and probably prostitute - working out of The Hustler Club, the original one...which was a storefront strip club in Columbus, Ohio. About five blocks from the State House.

She was fifteen years old when she came in, probably with false papers, looking for a job. Flynt gave it to her.

Why do I believe she was a prostitute? Because, the sequences: First, Larry stops a bullet. Then, AIDS breaks out.

Then, Althea gets it. We know why Larry didn't - a bullet to the spine takes the lead out of the pencil.

Meantime, she was doing what she had always done, probably since before she met Larry.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Lone Gunman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:33 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I never bought those magazines.  My roommates in college did and they would tell me about it. What a Face tongue

I didn't have to buy them.  Those years I worked for a small-town DPW - and summers, on the municipal golf course.

Between the guys who worked labor for the town, and the few year-round residents (a resort summer town) who would read and toss those magazines (into the trash we'd pick up)...they wound up in our break room for the DPW.  Summers, I'd be assigned to the golf course - Myself and the foreman were the only year-round employees there.  The foreman would go to Florida for six weeks in winter and I'd be reassigned to the trash team.

The rest were college kids; and NOBODY loves really nasty dirty books like college kids.  

So I saw enough of Larry Flynt Publications to know the events, and of his conversion; and of his wife.  Later I read the background - how it was that Althea Leasure got into Larry's filthy-but-guilded orbit.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:36 pm

Hustler had the BEST(worst) cartoons. I used to die laughing at most of them.

Lone Gunman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:44 pm

Dwayne Tinsley, who drew the Chester-The-Molester cartoon...later got arrested for REALLY molesting a kid.

I don't know if he was soliciting the kid or if he'd actually made contact; but he wound up in gaol...Tyrone's new best girl...
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:01 pm

Speaking of dirty books. When i was a teenager my stepfather had a library in his home and I LOVED IT. I did not so much care for him but that is another story. There was this one book....and i loved history and science....The Secret Museum of Mankind. Being a dumbbunny I thought it was scientific. I thought i had lost that book after all these years but as i was rummaging through my library downstairs I ran across it. It's five volumns in one book dealing with people and dress at the time (1930) across the globe. Now some of it is fascinating. How dress has changed, peoples have died out.. and of course the usual, bare chested african women. When you look at the civilizations around the world why does it seem that the african nations are the ones that have no problem with exposure of the chests of women? innocence? (not so sure about that one) or the climate perhaps) European nations did not do that, nor asian ones. Just thinking out loud here.

Decided to look online for the book and it is out there on ebay. One critic wrote about it and said it was ..my words here but his opinion....the national geographic of the day....something for children to be sneaking under the covers at bedtime so parents wouldn't know. I don't know about that. I think there is some historical significance to it.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, JMWinPR, Brat and Lone Gunman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 102 1, 2, 3 ... 51 ... 102  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum