Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aparently my Great Grand Father fought the germans

3 posters

Go down

aparently my Great Grand Father fought the germans Empty aparently my Great Grand Father fought the germans

Post by jirqoadai Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:20 am

is there a web site do any of you know of that explains the history of Co L. 56 Pioneer?
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

aparently my Great Grand Father fought the germans Empty Re: aparently my Great Grand Father fought the germans

Post by Red Lily Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:26 am

Here's a bit about Co E. You might find a lead to follow from there.

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/326588-56th-pioneer-infantry-regiment/
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and jirqoadai like this post

Back to top Go down

aparently my Great Grand Father fought the germans Empty Re: aparently my Great Grand Father fought the germans

Post by jirqoadai Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:30 am

thankyou so much Red. that helped heaps. Co L mustered at Harrisburgh PA. explains lots the fragmented info out there.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:41 am

Maybe join that forum or one similar? You might be lucky enough to get some pictures too.

After sniffing around on the net I found a pic of my great uncle who was killed in action at Ypres, Belgium.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:14 pm

Wish I could remember my father's unit.

He never told us kids, but I found a fair amount of his military stuff when I cleaned out his papers. Later donated it to a military museum.

They were just numbers, to me. Today, with camera phones, I'd have taken pictures of the info, because it's free to do so...but this was 15 years ago when I cleaned everything out.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:51 pm

Casey Jones wrote:Wish I could remember my father's unit.

He never told us kids, but I found a fair amount of his military stuff when I cleaned out his papers.  Later donated it to a military museum.

They were just numbers, to me.  Today, with camera phones, I'd have taken pictures of the info, because it's free to do so...but this was 15 years ago when I cleaned everything out.
for what its worth, im a son of a bitter man who was a JR. whos fathers name was exactly the same, cept his name wasnt Sr., and his fathers name was exactly the same too, but his was Sr. and the Sr. died 20 years to the nothings death, who died 20 prior to Jr. death. now i gotta make sure they all did not die on the same date, but 20 years apart.........i realy dont wanna look.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:06 pm

You've broken that mold.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down