Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mom Has Heart Attack in Ocean Chasing After Drowning Kids—Then 80 Strangers Form a “Human Chain”

+2
Red Lily
Elizabeth Theus
6 posters

Go down

Mom Has Heart Attack in Ocean Chasing After Drowning Kids—Then 80 Strangers Form a “Human Chain” Empty Mom Has Heart Attack in Ocean Chasing After Drowning Kids—Then 80 Strangers Form a “Human Chain”

Post by Elizabeth Theus Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:41 pm

It was a sight to see—DOZENS of people joined together to save a family from drowning in Panama City, Florida, over the weekend.

But this wasn’t your typical water rescue.

Roberta Ursrey panicked when she heard her sons screaming for help while swimming in the water on Saturday.

In an effort to save them, she, along with a handful of other family members, ran in after them—only to become trapped by the current as well.

As if nine family members struggling to stay above water wasn’t enough, Roberta’s mother had a heart attack in the process.

“I honestly thought I was going to lose my family that day,” she told local news. “It was like, ‘Oh, God, this is how I’m going.’”

That’s when God sent Jessica Simmons with her boogie board. The Alabama native swam out to the family, while her husband recruited dozens of other beachgoers to form a human chain. Together, they stretched from the shore all the way out to the Ursrey family.

Mom Has Heart Attack in Ocean Chasing After Drowning Kids—Then 80 Strangers Form a “Human Chain” 19989711_1540121166018292_7102170187078213092_n

Once formed, the human chain rescued each of the family members—passing them down the line back to the beach.

“It was the most remarkable thing to see,” Jessica said. “These people who don’t even know each other and they trust each other that much to get them to safety.”

As for Roberta and her family, she says her mother was hospitalized due to the heart attack, and her nephew broke his hand. But thanks to the selflessness of others, her family is alive today.

“These people were God’s angels that were in the right place at the right time,” Roberta said. “I owe my life and my family’s life to them. Without them, we wouldn’t be here.”

https://faithit.com/80-beachgoers-save-family-drowning-panama-city-florida/?utm_source=newsletter-faithit-top5&utm_medium=email&utm_content=title&utm_campaign=faithit-top520210821&maropost_id=744076513&mpweb=256-9479416-744076513
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Red Lily, 2cent and Brat like this post

Back to top Go down

Mom Has Heart Attack in Ocean Chasing After Drowning Kids—Then 80 Strangers Form a “Human Chain” Empty Re: Mom Has Heart Attack in Ocean Chasing After Drowning Kids—Then 80 Strangers Form a “Human Chain”

Post by Red Lily Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:46 pm

Too many people don't respect the water and then put other people's lives at risk.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Brat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Mom Has Heart Attack in Ocean Chasing After Drowning Kids—Then 80 Strangers Form a “Human Chain” Empty Re: Mom Has Heart Attack in Ocean Chasing After Drowning Kids—Then 80 Strangers Form a “Human Chain”

Post by vege57 Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:35 pm

A heart warming tale
vege57
vege57

Brat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:02 pm

sniff~sniff.  It just does warm the cockles of your heart.  That is the USA I grew up to know and love.  
God bless us, everyone.
2cent
2cent

JMWinPR, Brat and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brat Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:40 am

I am weeping with joy at this story! Unbelievable heroism and selflessness.
Brat
Brat

JMWinPR and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:58 pm

The dark area surrounding the chain, looks as if it could be rip tide central. There is shoaling on either side, as waves are breaking there, not where the chain is. God obviously had a hand in this. How many times has anyone ever seen several dozen people who get their collective act together and perform something like this?

JMWinPR

Elizabeth Theus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down