Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video captures illegals drowning while trying to enter US illegally

+3
Abby08
Red Lily
Calypso Jones
7 posters

Go down

Video captures illegals drowning while trying to enter US illegally Empty Video captures illegals drowning while trying to enter US illegally

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:25 pm

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/video-captures-migrants-drowning-in-rio-grande/

Blame it on the video. Was it an actual video or was there a cameraman watching as these people drowned. Don't help the victims, the video is all important. The drama is all important...not hispanic lives.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Video captures illegals drowning while trying to enter US illegally Empty Re: Video captures illegals drowning while trying to enter US illegally

Post by Red Lily Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:24 pm

I have to wonder if that's real but this is the new culture social media has given birth to. Don't ever go to someone's aid just video it. It's shameful.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Video captures illegals drowning while trying to enter US illegally Empty Re: Video captures illegals drowning while trying to enter US illegally

Post by Abby08 Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:29 am

No matter how  you might feel  about  illegals  coming  here, I would  think  instinct would  take  over  and,  you'd  try to help  someone who  was drowning.
Abby08
Abby08

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, Calypso Jones and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:34 am

Abby08 wrote:No matter how  you might feel  about  illegals  coming  here, I would  think  instinct would  take  over  and,  you'd  try to help  someone who  was drowning.

I think that most people would, Personally it would depend on the specific circumstances , and the risk to my own safety, But if it was a child I would feel compelled to put those concerns aside to try and save them ,I have kids of my own and would like to think someone would try to help,,
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, Abby08, Calypso Jones and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:26 am

They shouldn't have been crossing the border illegally. Id help if I could. You can't take it personally. When the roads were iced over last month I came across an illegal couple who flipped their old Suburban in a ditch. It was 15 F outside and I gave them a ride to a gas station to be picked up by friends.

If we would roll up the welcome mat, this wouldn't happen. I'd also have my 3 friends killed by illegal aliens. I suppose I would be less likely to risk my life for them. Maybe I'm wrong to have that attitude, but that's the honest truth.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer, Abby08, Calypso Jones and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilCat Breath Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:07 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/video-captures-migrants-drowning-in-rio-grande/

Blame it on the video.    Was it an actual video or was there a cameraman watching as these people drowned.     Don't help the victims, the video is all important.  The drama is all important...not hispanic lives.

This is the cardinal rule of nature photographers. They document. They do not interfere.

There was a photograph some years ago of a starving African baby very near death trying to crawl. Nearby was a vulture watching the baby die. Perhaps not waiting for death. The nature photographer snapped the Pulitzer prizewinning photo. He could easily have picked up the child and taken it to a nearby UN station. Instead he followed the no interference rule and let the baby die and become vulture lunch. This really happened.

The photog did not escape. He committed suicide the following year.

EvilCat Breath

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:06 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/video-captures-migrants-drowning-in-rio-grande/

Blame it on the video.    Was it an actual video or was there a cameraman watching as these people drowned.     Don't help the victims, the video is all important.  The drama is all important...not hispanic lives.
Been a pet peeve of mine for years!  A man getting mauled by a bear, a child trying to flee a vicious dog, cock fights.  You name it, the worst in human (un)nature,  

As they stand by to film it, not help.  I have never understood that mindset, and could NEVER even be a photojournalist for the military.  Stand there, and do nothing as people around you are DYING?  It's not in my capacity to do so.

But CNN?  Seriously?  It says 'Citizens Free Press', but when you click on it, it comes up CNN.  Huh?  ???

Last edited by 2cent on Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:11 pm

Crusader wrote:They shouldn't have been crossing the border illegally.   Id help if I could.   You can't take it personally.   When the roads were iced over last month I came across an illegal couple who flipped their old Suburban in a ditch.  It was 15 F outside and I gave them a ride to a gas station to be picked up by friends.

If we would roll up the welcome mat, this wouldn't happen.   I'd also have my 3 friends killed by illegal aliens. I suppose I would be less likely to risk my life for them.  Maybe I'm wrong to have that attitude,  but that's the honest truth.
Maybe the trick is to pull them out of the water, but swim them back from whence they came?  Problem solved.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down