Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sellout's Remorse...is Lowry trying to mend his bridges.

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sellout's Remorse...is Lowry trying to mend his bridges. Empty Sellout's Remorse...is Lowry trying to mend his bridges.

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:00 pm

well he can BAG THAT!  Article by Don Surber

What he (Lowry) did not mention was the tariff President Trump said he would impose if Mexico did not cooperate.

National Review (the real name of Lowry's publication) vehemently opposed the tariff because for some reason Fake Conservatives have abandoned the protective tariffs championed by every Republican president not named Bush.

But Lowry was nice to give Donald Trump credit for bringing new thoughts, new ideas, and new approaches to Washington.

Jeb! and Rubio opposed the wall, and Ted Cruz would never have imagined the things The Donald did to seal off that border.

Of course, all of them would have lost to Hillary.

Lowry should be glad that his publication was ineffectual, insignificant, and irrelevant in 2016 because conservatives elected Donald Trump president.

We re-elected him too, but that is a story for another day.

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2021/03/sellouts-remorse.html

Last edited by HawkTheSlayer on Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link inserted by Hawk)
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Sellout's Remorse...is Lowry trying to mend his bridges. Empty Re: Sellout's Remorse...is Lowry trying to mend his bridges.

Post by 2cent Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:25 pm

Seriously, who's Lowry?
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Sellout's Remorse...is Lowry trying to mend his bridges. Empty Re: Sellout's Remorse...is Lowry trying to mend his bridges.

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:14 am

Lowry is irrelevant to me. Along with National Review.

I'll try to make a long story short.

NR was founded in the 1950s by Bill Buckley, Jr. It was my favorite publication for 30 years, until around 2005. The magazine(at the time) was instrumental in developing my conservatism. As Buckley aged , the publication started to change. As did the GOP.

After Buckley passed away, I only viewed occasionally.

It became clear in 2015 that National Review was campaigning against the GOP candidate DJT.

It was then I became interested in NR finances and funding. I discovered in all the years the publication had been published, since 1955, it had never turned a profit!
Most of its lifeblood funding was provided by the RNC.

In effect, it was a propaganda rag . But more importantly, it had a become a propaganda rag for the RINO faction of the Republican Party.

I started viewing again to see for myself. The articles were strongly worded against the "Republican People's" choice, Donald Trump. Even after DJT's eventually nomination win and inevitable backing by the RNC, the publication continued to berate and voice disapproval.

Lowry was the driving force in opposing the GOP 's voter choice in favor of the old school status quo.

Although NR has the occasional, true conservative author /article, I seldom click on the site.

True colors can never be erased. It's as clear as black and white.

Calypso Jones, 2cent and Casey Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:21 am

Lowry was/is/has always been a Bushbot.

Calypso Jones and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:56 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Lowry was/is/has always been a Bushbot.
Okay, now I understand what this is about.  (I swear that link wasn't there last night.  Or did I miss it?)  

Like you, Hawk, I used to love National Review.  Insightful, sharp, brave...  All the things I admire in a publication.  Then, like you, started noticing a distinct change in tone, and saying to myself, "That's not a conservative point of view," more often than not.

*What is that guy Bill's last name?  Not Kristol, but liked to play a "tower of wisdom" on a FOXNews Sunday program.  Had gray hair, and wore glasses.  I couldn't stand him.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:17 pm

2cent wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:Lowry was/is/has always been a Bushbot.
Okay, now I understand what this is about.  (I swear that link wasn't there last night.  Or did I miss it?)  

Like you, Hawk, I used to love National Review.  Insightful, sharp, brave...  All the things I admire in a publication.  Then, like you, started noticing a distinct change in tone, and saying to myself, "That's not a conservative point of view," more often than not.

*What is hat guy Bill's last name?  Not Kristol, but liked to play a "tower of wisdom" on a FOXNews Sunday program.  Had gray hair, and wore glasses.  I couldn't stand him.

I added the link this morning per reason for editing.

Bill E. Bob?

I enjoyed Buckley's perspective.

I also enjoyed PBS's Friday night political shows. Mostly because I was huge fan of John McLaughlin and long-running show, The McLaughlin Group. But I would watch Washington Week with Gwen Iffel also. Liberal skewed but they all were except McLaughlin who had two liberals and two conservatives discussing the issues at hand.

When John passed away, the show was discontinued and I quit viewing pbs except for cooking shows.

Red Lily and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:36 pm

Come to think of it, I think his name was Will something.  

N.R.'s site used to have a list of authors in the right-hand column, but none I go to today do.

Oh well.  Don't think I'll be losing much sleep over it.  Still, I can't believe that they're still described as a "conservative news site."
They ain't.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:37 pm

Oops.  D/P.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Booman Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:54 pm

Lowry has always been a limp wristed whiny Bill Kristol wannabe. He's now on the outside looking in and the door is still locked. He should just get in the back of the short bus with John Kasich and STFU.
Booman
Booman

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:43 am

just desserts.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next