Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleveland Indians...how they got the name in the first place

5 posters

Go down

Cleveland Indians...how they got the name in the first place Empty Cleveland Indians...how they got the name in the first place

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:29 pm

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2021/07/clevelands-baseball-team-dishonors-indian-it-was-robert-spencer/
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Elizabeth Theus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Indians...how they got the name in the first place Empty Re: Cleveland Indians...how they got the name in the first place

Post by Lummy Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:27 am

That's very interesting, thanks.

If I had a stack of ball caps from throughout the league, Cleveland Indian logo caps would sell out the fastest. And if I sold nothing else on ebay, I could make a good, reliable profit on ball caps with the Cleveland Indian and the "laughing Brave". They will endure forever among baseball fans.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Cleveland Indians...how they got the name in the first place Empty Re: Cleveland Indians...how they got the name in the first place

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:37 pm

ADditionally...Cleveland Guardian baseball team did not do their due diligence. There is already a Cleveland Guardian men's roller blade team.

WElcome to the world of lawsuits R Us.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Lummy and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:06 pm

Should have called it the Cleveland Team.

A bunch of 'groids lounging about on stadium seats, as their mascot.

Or...just to tweak the PC police...how about the Cleveland Whites?

Best solution...just sell the damn team out of town. SHOW these scheissekopfs what happens when you agitate and cost the owners money.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:07 pm

I don't follow MLB, so I couldn't care less what name they use, but I always thought "Cleveland Guardians" was a real candyass name. Like, what are they guarding? They couldn't even guard their previous name.

Weren't they originally called the "Cleveland Spiders"? They should have reverted back to that, but then, you'd probably have complaints from arachnophobes. And the new mascot would be a problem. Someone would have to dress up in a giant spider costume, and that would only traumatize little children.
Keith
Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:56 pm

............or.......they could castrate the owner, general manager, and coach and sew them onto mascots costume and call them the Cleveland Ball Sacks............orrrrrr...... call them the spiders like Keith said and pull out said balls and stitch the 6 near mascots eyes so costume would have the required 8 eyes. ( someone should take a poll )
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum