Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympian Suspended for What He Did After Realizing He Might Have to Compete Against an Israeli

+2
Red Lily
Elizabeth Theus
6 posters

Go down

Olympian Suspended for What He Did After Realizing He Might Have to Compete Against an Israeli Empty Olympian Suspended for What He Did After Realizing He Might Have to Compete Against an Israeli

Post by Elizabeth Theus Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:51 pm

An Algerian judo athlete and his coach have been temporarily suspended after withdrawing from the Olympics to avoid competing against an Israeli.

Fethi Nourine and his coach Amar Benikhlef will be placed under suspension pending an investigation by the International Judo Federation, according to a Saturday news release.

The IJF said it made the decision “based on the official recorded declarations of both Fethi Nourine and Amar Benikhlef, that were published in the media and that are in total opposition to the philosophy of the International Judo Federation.”

“Judo sport is based on a strong moral code, including respect and friendship, to foster solidarity and we will not tolerate any discrimination, as it goes against the core values and principles of our sport.”

According to the Middle East Eye, Nourine announced his decision to withdraw from the Tokyo Games on Thursday, a day before the opening ceremony.

Nourine pulled out after learning that he could potentially compete against Israel’s Tohar Butbul in the second round of competition.

The judoka told Algerian media that he made the decision in support of the “Palestinian cause,” the Eye reported.
“We have worked hard to qualify for the Games, but the Palestinian cause is bigger than all that. My position is consistent on the Palestinian issue, and I reject normalization [with Israel], and if it cost me that absence from the Olympic Games, God will compensate,” Nourine said.

“We were unlucky with the draw. We got an Israeli opponent and that’s why we had to retire. We made the right decision,” Nourine’s coach added, according to the Eye.

Nourine also withdrew from the 2019 Judo World Championships to avoid having to face an Israeli judoka, the Eye reported.

Jerusalem Post columnist Emily Schrader denounced Nourine’s withdrawal from the Games, calling it “pathetic and the very opposite of the Olympic spirit” in a Friday tweet.

Article continued:
https://www.westernjournal.com/olympian-suspended-realizing-might-compete-israeli/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=conservative-brief-CT&utm_campaign=dailyam&utm_content=conservative-tribune&ats_es=57139bde57e070d7cce67b2f02003c45
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

HawkTheSlayer and Lone Gunman like this post

Back to top Go down

Olympian Suspended for What He Did After Realizing He Might Have to Compete Against an Israeli Empty Re: Olympian Suspended for What He Did After Realizing He Might Have to Compete Against an Israeli

Post by Elizabeth Theus Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:03 pm

If these are the kind of athletes we have these days, I believe we should just pull out of the olympics ENTIRELY. I'm so SICK of all the politics that surrounds everything these days... This is NOT what the olympics are supposed to be about!
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, Calypso Jones, Crusader, 2cent and Lone Gunman like this post

Back to top Go down

Olympian Suspended for What He Did After Realizing He Might Have to Compete Against an Israeli Empty Re: Olympian Suspended for What He Did After Realizing He Might Have to Compete Against an Israeli

Post by Red Lily Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:29 pm

I think this has happened before?
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Xiv Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:52 am

To be fair we dont know if the guy and his manager are under some sort of threat, but it is peanuts in comparison to the fixing of results by covid claims. Using the "you might have covid so youre not competing" scam any crooked official can disqualify any athlete who looks certain to win an event.
No doubt the acceptable athletes will be trannies, pedos, oil drillers and coal burners, satanists, etc.

Leon Xiv

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnqUEbnfbt61iecCRL6mHOw

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:37 am

Elizabeth Theus wrote:If these are the kind of athletes we have these days, I believe we should just pull out of the olympics ENTIRELY.    I'm so SICK of all the politics that surrounds everything these days...  This is NOT what the olympics are supposed to be about!
Hear!  Hear!  The spirit of the games is all but broken.  No one's heart seems to be in it.  Maybe it has something do with the disappearance of national pride?  I wouldn't know.  All I know is that there's hardly anyone who want to play simply for the sake of the competition and wanting to win, in order to do your country proud.  

Could be I have too narrow a vision, 'cuz that's all I'm seeing from where I sit.
2cent
2cent

Elizabeth Theus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:55 pm

Seems to be all about how to multi color your hair . This generation is about being a drug related self righteous sexless loser . The next generation will see how f#$ked up they are and will have a field day correcting the mess we made with our tolerance .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

Elizabeth Theus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:50 pm

Daily Bread wrote:Seems to be all about how to multi color your hair . This generation is about being a drug related self righteous sexless loser . The next generation will see how f#$ked up they are and will have a field day correcting the mess we made with our tolerance .

""see how f#$ked up they are"'

Strong language there bread, I thought you didn't cuss lol
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down