Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shirley has died

5 posters

Go down

Shirley has died Empty Shirley has died

Post by jirqoadai Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:17 pm

Shirley from the Elephant Sanctuary died very recently. please visit their page for the ship fire. ( i wounder why they did not focus on her being in Cuba when Castro seized power )
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Shirley has died Empty Re: Shirley has died

Post by Red Lily Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:43 pm

https://www.elephants.com/news/elenotes/posts/remembering-shirley?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Post&utm_campaign=ShirleyTribute2021&fbclid=IwAR0s_kW0WEr1RsVQtGs3jqat2paam_idQWSr5sdHRmbsZsNvyaw3PrcfYSY
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and jirqoadai like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:52 pm

There's a video at that link. It's heart warming and heartbreaking all at the same time. I love you Sad
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and jirqoadai like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:19 pm

Remarkable.

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:07 pm

Our elephants at Auckland zoo are being shipped out as they are getting a little depressed, Not as depressed as they would be if they were back in Africa with one of their feet caught in a poachers snare I would think,

But hey, all the lefty environmentalist wankers will be happy
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and jirqoadai like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:40 pm

Elephants are truly magnificent creatures! I've never ceased to be in awe of them.

But they are definitely "sociable" animals, and their life expectancy, and happiness depends on it.

My husband seriously wanted an elephant, and I would not allow it, because, #1, as said, they need other elephants in order to be happy, and survive.
#2. We didn't have enough acreage to support at least two.

I wouldn't/couldn't do that to an elephant, and neither could he, when he came to his senses.

But I will admit that riding it down to the lake for a swim, was awfully temping. But no, not right, so no, do not.

Thanks for the heart-warming story of Shirly, even if some was sad.

What incredible perseverance!

2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:47 pm

I've always been in awe of them too. I went through a period where I collected ornamental elephants.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:48 pm

2cent wrote:Elephants are truly magnificent creatures!  I've never ceased to be in awe of them.

But they are definitely "sociable" animals, and their life expectancy, and happiness depends on it.

My husband seriously wanted an elephant, and I would not allow it, because, #1, as said, they need other elephants in order to be happy, and survive.  
#2.  We didn't have enough acreage to support at least two.  

I wouldn't/couldn't do that to an elephant, and neither could he, when he came to his senses.

But I will admit that riding it down to the lake for a swim, was awfully temping.  But no, not right, so no, do not.

Thanks for the heart-warming story of Shirly, even if some was sad.  

What incredible perseverance!

They are very sociable, I think they are a lot like pigs, I have one kicking around the house at the moment, It is an escapee, it keeps coming into the shed for a little social interaction, it doesn't like other members of my family , if they have food it will eat it but it comes to me for companionship, , its a very sensitive animal and I feel quite drawn to it, My X is bitching about it being around the house, I think it loves me lol
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:22 am

Red Lily wrote:I've always been in awe of them too.  I went through a period where I collected ornamental elephants.
As did one of my sisters. Shelves of the things. So much so, that she had to ask 'gifters' to please quit doing that.

But, wouldn't you know, I came across a lamp that I fell in love with. The brass base is shaped a bit like the Eiffel Tower, topped w/an elephant, whose trunk holds a bell, in which there is a little 'nightlight', and around the edge of the shade wee elephants hang as beads of a sort. So adorable! I thought it was so cute to just send a pic of it to my sister, and there my husband is seeing how much I adored it, told me to buy it!
I thought I'd like to die of shock.

Oh, but how I do love original lamps. Way back when, I fell in love w/a lamp in a resale shop. In its stem is an Old World globe centered in a brass ring, complete w/sextants. I think it took us back an major $20. lol.

Oops. I think I got a bit off track here.
2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:46 am

ive always wondered if just some of them trusted that the humans would allow them a good nap to refresh their energy. the only thing i can see wrong with the picture is assuming the pacaderm wishes to die. once the pain meds hit Mrs. Jumbo all reason goes out the door. this is like #10 theyve put down just because they think its too sleepy. when in reality some mightve only wanted beauty sleep.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down