Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GHQ had a great hot fruit dish

2 posters

Go down

GHQ had a great hot fruit dish Empty GHQ had a great hot fruit dish

Post by Calypso Jones Fri May 28, 2021 10:52 am

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/contest-winning-hot-fruit-compote/

this isn't it.  LOLOL   She's going to give me her recipe.  Meanwhile...here's this one.     There used to be a restaurant in the valley run by Rudy Evers.   Rudy was ....let's just say...eccentric shall we?    But he was an awesome restauranteur.   He always served a hot fruit compote that he gave me the recipe for orally  and he also said he got it from Southern Living.   Rudy's gone now but he's still remembered.    His restaurant is long gone but not forgotten.

Here's another.  

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/simple-baked-winter-fruit

Rudy added a banana probably smashed to his compote.  

Any fruit, Apples peaches, apricots, cherries,
1/2 stick melted butter, heat.
When it is half done add bananas, stir in.

Combine sugar, clear gel, cornstarch, Cinnamon, nutmeg, just a little curry powder.
Pour all over fruit. Place in oven for baking.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Fri May 28, 2021 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

GHQ had a great hot fruit dish Empty Re: GHQ had a great hot fruit dish

Post by Lummy Fri May 28, 2021 11:40 am

I once bid at auction on a recipe box stuffed full to overflowing with recipes that were hand written on all sorts of paper from newspaper clippings to envelopes, and so forth -- whatever had been handy at the time. If I remember, it was about 12" deep or more, and sold for about $100.

I still wish I had tried harder to win that auction. If I had do-overs, that's the auction I would go overboard with. I have not seen another one like it since. You just knew it was full of good stuff.
Lummy
Lummy

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum