Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation Cajun Ervin Cavalier, Last of The True Cajuns

2 posters

Go down

Generation Cajun Ervin Cavalier, Last of The True Cajuns Empty Generation Cajun Ervin Cavalier, Last of The True Cajuns

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:43 pm

Thom Paine and hurricanehook like this post

Back to top Go down

Generation Cajun Ervin Cavalier, Last of The True Cajuns Empty Re: Generation Cajun Ervin Cavalier, Last of The True Cajuns

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:46 pm

I miss going to work in Pierre Part and Bayou Pigeon.

Back to top Go down

Generation Cajun Ervin Cavalier, Last of The True Cajuns Empty Re: Generation Cajun Ervin Cavalier, Last of The True Cajuns

Post by hurricanehook Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:16 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I miss going to work in Pierre Part and Bayou Pigeon.
That was very enlightening, Hawk. Are you one of the last true cajuns? I always had a hard time understanding cajun speak when doing business at Dow, Plaquemine.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Location : U.S.A. the greatest country ever, in the history of the world

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:59 pm

hurricanehook wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:I miss going to work in Pierre Part and Bayou Pigeon.
That was very enlightening, Hawk. Are you one of the last true cajuns? I always had a hard time understanding cajun speak when doing business at Dow, Plaquemine.
I crawfished commercially in the ATCHAFALAYA BASIN for about 20 years. And like Cavalier, sometimes i frogged all night and then ran 400 traps at daylight. Come home that afternoon late and clean the frogs that were in the cooler. I lived about an hour and a half from cavalier and fished just north of Pierre Part in the Bayou Pigeon area. Had 3 hours travel coming and going added to a 14 hour day.

But i made plenty money and i was my own boss. Ive been to places in the swamp most people will never see.
I loved working in the family business, the glass business, and working in the plants! Somes times i did more than one at the same time.

I love the outdoors. Usually didn't work during hunting season. Go to the camp and stay there 3 months. Lol.

Thom Paine and hurricanehook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down