Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JapScientists say they have reversed Alzheimers ..in mice

3 posters

Go down

JapScientists say they have reversed Alzheimers ..in mice Empty JapScientists say they have reversed Alzheimers ..in mice

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:38 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-reverse-alzheimers-synapse-damage-130029639.html

Scientists in Japan say they have reversed the signs of Alzheimer’s disease in lab mice by restoring the healthy function of synapses, critical parts of neurons that shoot chemical messages to other neurons.

The secret was developing a synthetic peptide, a small package of amino acids — a mini-protein, if you will — and injecting it up the nostrils of the mice, in an experiment they detailed in a study published in the journal Brain Research.

Needless to say, mice are very different from humans. But if the treatment successfully survives the gauntlet of clinical studies with human participants, it could potentially lead to a new treatment for Alzheimer’s disease, a tragic degenerative condition that burdens tens of millions of people around the world.

Suspect Then why experiment on mice for decades? and then they have to experiment on humans. Where's the safety protocols in that??
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

JapScientists say they have reversed Alzheimers ..in mice Empty Re: JapScientists say they have reversed Alzheimers ..in mice

Post by RV Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:15 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-reverse-alzheimers-synapse-damage-130029639.html

Scientists in Japan say they have reversed the signs of Alzheimer’s disease in lab mice by restoring the healthy function of synapses, critical parts of neurons that shoot chemical messages to other neurons.

The secret was developing a synthetic peptide, a small package of amino acids — a mini-protein, if you will — and injecting it up the nostrils of the mice, in an experiment they detailed in a study published in the journal Brain Research.

Needless to say, mice are very different from humans. But if the treatment successfully survives the gauntlet of clinical studies with human participants, it could potentially lead to a new treatment for Alzheimer’s disease, a tragic degenerative condition that burdens tens of millions of people around the world.

Suspect  Then why experiment on mice for decades?  and then they have to experiment on humans. Where's the safety protocols in that??        

Hey maybe crooked Joe could be the first "human" trial or DemoRat trial!
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

JapScientists say they have reversed Alzheimers ..in mice Empty Re: JapScientists say they have reversed Alzheimers ..in mice

Post by jirqoadai Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:45 pm

heres the skinny on mice. white female + black male = brown females all contract cancer of some form. even those females daughters all die from cancer too. no sons. i had an original male brown who lived 4 years and 9 months.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:31 pm

is that a fact?? Why do you suppose it is?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:35 pm

it was extremely horrifying for me at age 8. to come to realize all my female brown buddies would die. i think at that time i made a mass release of over 200 mice.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:38 pm

So you were the one.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:51 pm

my first release was after i caught two of my favorite mice eating their babies. i grabbed the ones that the mother thought were next. the father was sitting there holding his head when the mother came out of her jar wondering where all her other babies went to. they had babies once more but this time they kept two. both white. when the male started mating eith one of her two daughters, i took those four and about fifty into the woods and dumped the aquarium. they appeared happy i let them all go. about 9 months later i did the second release. my last release was maybe 135. i kept four brown males. all four were totally tame. i shouldve let them go too. the baby eaters were Eric and Alice. my favorite oldest was Vince.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down