Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK’s Ministry of Defence ‘hacked by China’

+2
Crusader
Red Lily
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UK’s Ministry of Defence ‘hacked by China’ Empty UK’s Ministry of Defence ‘hacked by China’

Post by Red Lily Mon May 06, 2024 6:59 pm

A massive Chinese cyberattack targeted the UK’s Ministry of Defence in a breach revealing the details of armed forces personnel, according to reports.

The attack, believed to have been done two or three times, was on a third-party payroll system including the details of tens of thousands of British armed forces and veterans.

The MoD has been working over the last three days to understand the scale of the hack, after it was recently discovered, Sky News reported. The Ministry of Defence was approached for comment.

It is not believed any data was taken and the MoD urged service people not to be concerned for their safety. MPs will be told about the attack on Tuesday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/china-mod-uk-hack-data-breach-b2540489.html

They're getting brazen.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

UK’s Ministry of Defence ‘hacked by China’ Empty Re: UK’s Ministry of Defence ‘hacked by China’

Post by Crusader Mon May 06, 2024 7:57 pm

It's all because they spelled defense wrong.

It's time to become energy independent and quit buying from china.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, vege57, hurricanehook and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

UK’s Ministry of Defence ‘hacked by China’ Empty Re: UK’s Ministry of Defence ‘hacked by China’

Post by Red Lily Mon May 06, 2024 8:35 pm

They also confronted an Australian helicopter and dangerously dropped flares above and in front of it.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-p...ea-2024-05-06/

And prior to that they set off a sonar blast to harass Australian divers conducting underwater repairs on a disabled frigate in international waters and injuring personnel.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/craigho...h=473f32616016

They're prepping and testing us to see if we push back.

Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Tue May 07, 2024 8:28 am

Red Lily wrote:They also confronted an Australian helicopter and dangerously dropped flares above and in front of it.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-p...ea-2024-05-06/

And prior to that they set off a sonar blast to harass Australian divers conducting underwater repairs on a disabled frigate in international waters and injuring personnel.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/craigho...h=473f32616016

They're prepping and testing us to see if we push back.

...and why not? They got away with the "spy balloon" over U.S. nuclear sites and nothing happened. Why not probe the rest of U.S. allies to see if they are as vulnerable and defenseless as the U.S. is? After all, the U.S. has a meat puppet "leading" the country!
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

HawkTheSlayer and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue May 07, 2024 5:02 pm

Red Lily wrote:A massive Chinese cyberattack targeted the UK’s Ministry of Defence in a breach revealing the details of armed forces personnel, according to reports.

The attack, believed to have been done two or three times, was on a third-party payroll system including the details of tens of thousands of British armed forces and veterans.

The MoD has been working over the last three days to understand the scale of the hack, after it was recently discovered, Sky News reported. The Ministry of Defence was approached for comment.

It is not believed any data was taken and the MoD urged service people [u]not to be concerned for their safety. MPs will be told about the attack on Tuesday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/china-mod-uk-hack-data-breach-b2540489.html

They're getting brazen.
"The MoD urged service people not to be concerned."

I'm sure that went over well. Rolling Eyes
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Wed May 08, 2024 10:06 am

2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:A massive Chinese cyberattack targeted the UK’s Ministry of Defence in a breach revealing the details of armed forces personnel, according to reports.

It is not believed any data was taken and the MoD urged service people [u]not to be concerned for their safety. MPs will be told about the attack on Tuesday.

They're getting brazen.
"The MoD urged service people not to be concerned."

I'm sure that went over well.  Rolling Eyes

Yeah, nothing whatsoever to see here folks or be concerned about, move along...

Hope the UK is brushed up on Chinese so they can understand what their captors are saying right before they are executed!
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed May 08, 2024 4:58 pm

wait......you talk of an AI war yet posters here talk of a balloon????????????????????? 30 years ago satilites could read the karat of your ring, and people are still speaking of a " spy " balloon? please. why dont we bring up mothballs when discussing TOS vaporization. be happy to discuss anything you think is relevant about chiner you wish to know RED. remember how i told you the chinks were trying to pump out a gold pit on guadalcanal? yeah. ask away.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Wed May 08, 2024 8:57 pm

jirqoadai wrote:wait......you talk of an AI war yet posters here talk of a balloon????????????????????? 30 years ago satilites could read the karat of your ring, and people are still speaking of a " spy " balloon? please. why dont we bring up mothballs when discussing TOS vaporization. be happy to discuss anything you think is relevant about chiner you wish to know RED. remember how i told you the chinks were trying to pump out a gold pit on guadalcanal? yeah. ask away.

I never mentioned a spy balloon, nimrod. Put your glasses on.

I also never denied China was after gold.  What I said was that China's aim was for power and control.  You chased me all over calling me the C word for that but you may need to change your stance.   Their endgame is to be THE, one and only, global power.

Their quest for the world's gold is to diversify their reserves to reduce their dependence on the $USD.  Their debt is reducing but in default.

Their endgame is total dominance!
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed May 08, 2024 9:02 pm

i chased you all over the place...... we will put that self import fable to rest real quick like. have fun grasping at straw.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Wed May 08, 2024 9:09 pm

jirqoadai wrote:i chased you all over the place...... we will put that self import fable to rest real quick like. have fun grasping at straw.

Well you unnecessarily and rudely called me a C several times. You even made a thread about it which was extremely poor form even for you.

No grasping at straws from me.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next