Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the 25th Anniversary of Columbine

4 posters

Go down

On the 25th Anniversary of Columbine Empty On the 25th Anniversary of Columbine

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:46 pm

Only some of you will be accepting of hearing this @RV, @Casey Jones @HawkTheSlayer @Jen , @hurricanehook, that's all i can think of right now...you know who you are.

https://discern.tv/i-heard-god-speak-columbine-survivors-god-moment-amid-horror/
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Jen like this post

Back to top Go down

On the 25th Anniversary of Columbine Empty Re: On the 25th Anniversary of Columbine

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:53 pm

Here is the transcript of Darrell Scott's testimony before Congress after the shooting that took his daughter's life.  His son escaped after seeing his best friends killed right beside him.

https://www.julesburgadvocate.com/2013/01/11/transcript-from-darrell-scott-father-of-columbine-shooting-victim-rachel-scott/

This poem was part of his testiimony  and we see just how true it is and even prescient of what we are living through today.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy — it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You’ve stripped away our heritage,
You’ve outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question “Why?”
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Jen and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

On the 25th Anniversary of Columbine Empty Re: On the 25th Anniversary of Columbine

Post by RV Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:25 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Here is the transcript of Darrell Scott's testimony before Congress after the shooting that took his daughter's life.  His son escaped after seeing his best friends killed right beside him.

https://www.julesburgadvocate.com/2013/01/11/transcript-from-darrell-scott-father-of-columbine-shooting-victim-rachel-scott/

This poem was part of his testiimony  and we see just how true it is and even prescient of what we are living through today.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy — it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You’ve stripped away our heritage,
You’ve outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question “Why?”
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

Excellent!
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:23 pm

So sad about this young girl, Rachael Scott.

You should listen to what her brother says about her. She wanted to be some kind of influence on people for God and she believed it would happen but that she would not be here.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:39 pm

I don't know.

I don't want to be dismissive; but as a writer once said, there are no atheists in the foxholes.

They will have to decide. To me it was small-E evil; it was vapid, spoiled, unsupervised young males, put on Prosec or other psychoactive drugs because their absentee parents didn't want to accept that they were falling down on the job, that their children were out of control.

I had just moved from Denver to Cleveland, when that happened...I mean, many months earlier, but still, I had the vibes of the city. Denver was being overrun with the California invasion - the Land of Fruits and Nuts, burping out excess professionals, people with money to leave the growing chaos. It was spurting into Utah and Colorado as mucky and malodorous as a drainpipe spurting back.

The first wave were the professionals - physicians and lawyers and software engineers, looking to open branch campuses (Oracle and others did this). The second wave was the Crips and Bloods - to sell drugs to the children of the first wave.

While I was in Denver, an interesting nooze item popped up: A party broken up in Parker, south of Denver. A week-long house party. The house was so badly damaged it had to be knocked down.

The party was held by a young man whose parents left him home alone, touring Europe for two months. At some point he got it into his mind that it might be fun to host a weekend party. He had money; he knew people who could buy kegs of beer; he knew of girls from school who were willing to trade quid-pro-quo. His friends gathered, and their dealers gathered, and other strangers gathered, and the party grew more and more raucous. Property was damaged. Walls were kicked down for laughs. The host was apparently in a never-ending alcohol haze. The neighbors endured five days of it and then called the cops.

A number of felons were arrested; underage females taken into custody, as well as the host. More of the social club escaped.

Could you imagine that happening in America of 40 years ago? Maybe in Hollywood. Noplace else.

This was what Denver was like. We had a permanent runaway class of young people, living on the streets around the 16th-Street Mall...nights, they'd take a bus to Boulder and sleep in the grass outside the city limits. They'd come back days to panhandle and hustle. Some alternated that life with a sort of part-time straight life.

Columbine didn't surprise me, much. Depressed me, but didn't surprise me.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:23 pm

That's an interesting question... the awareness and involvement of the parents.   So I started looking it up and I found that the klebolds I'll double check, they were aware of their kid's antisocial behavior, kept a journal,  looked for solutions and help and willingly released these journals to the police and courts.  There were remarks in the journal about feeling manipulated by son and questioned whether he was a conman.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:39 am

25 years after, more guns, more shootings

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:23 am

Calypso Jones wrote:So sad about this young girl,  Rachael Scott.

You should listen to what her brother says about her.  She wanted to be some kind of influence  on people for God and she believed it would happen but that she would not be here.

Just as Jesus has had a huge impact AFTER His death for over 2,000 years, I believe that Rachael will have an impact AFTER her death in bringing people to Christ.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:53 am

She's a martyr.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:11 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:25 years after, more guns, more shootings

So, I guess, we need moar banning of guns.

Like they do in NYC, Detroit and Chicago.

THEY have things under control....right?

What, you mean banning guns DOES NOT WORK? Be STILL, my beating heart...

I'm in Montana. The sun is setting. I could walk downtown from here - three miles - and go buy a burger and beer, and walk back. I'll meet about a hundred people - the weather tonight is nice. I'll betcha, even in my liberal county, about 40 of them are armed.

Not a one of them will hurt me. I'm more afraid of who's living under the Brooks Street Bridge...thanks to Open Borders, we now have several homeless camps under various bridges and viaducts.

Which is why so many men now carry firearms. Openly. I never have, but I may start.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down