Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember when a juvenile media took on the TEA party in 2009?

2 posters

Go down

Remember when a juvenile media took on the TEA party in 2009? Empty Remember when a juvenile media took on the TEA party in 2009?

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:11 pm

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2024/04/14/flashback-when-juvenile-news-media-tried-destroy-tea-party

Using homo sex slang to insult and ridicule conservative americans PLUS over being taxed enough through Obamacare and other illconceived democrat ideas.

Filling in as host of MSNBC’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann on April 13, David Shuster mocked the Tea Party by repeatedly deploying a slang term for a sex act called “teabagging.”

“It’s going to be teabagging day for the right-wing and they’re going nuts for it. Thousands of them whipped out the festivities early this past weekend, and while the parties are officially toothless, the teabaggers are full-throated about their goals,” Shuster sophomorically sneered.

The next night, CNN’s Anderson Cooper got into the act. “Republicans are pretty much in disarray...They’re searching for their voice,” analyst David Gergen dryly opined on the April 14 AC360. “It’s hard to talk when you’re teabagging,” Cooper snickered.

The big protests against Obama’s policies were April 15. That morning on New York City’s Imus in the Morning radio program, CNN analyst Paul Begala suggested true patriots would have no problem handing their cash to liberal bureaucrats, as he derided those protesting as “just a bunch of wimpy, whiny, weasels who don’t love their country....There are guys at Walter Reed who gave their legs for my country, and they’re whining because they have to write a check?”

Over on NBC’s Today, Chuck Todd dismissed the Tea Party as no big deal. “There’s been some grassroots conservatives who have organized so-called ‘tea parties’ around the company, country, hoping the historical reference will help galvanize Americans against the President’s economic ideas. But I tell you, the idea hasn’t really caught on....It hasn’t galvanized the party the way they would hope.”

On CNN that afternoon, correspondent Susan Roesgen decried the protest as “a party for Obama bashers....It’s anti-government, anti-CNN, since this is highly promoted by the right wing conservative network, Fox. And since I can’t really hear much more and I think this is not really family viewing, I’ll toss it back to you.”

On ABC’s World News that evening, correspondent Dan Harris framed the protests as something “cheered on by Fox News and talk radio,” as he emphasized how “critics on the left” claimed “this is not a real grassroots phenomenon at all, that it’s actually largely orchestrated by people fronting for corporate interests.”

The media putdowns failed, of course. The following November, the energy supplied by the Tea Party contributed to a “shellacking” of Democrats in the 2010 elections, as Republicans gained 63 House seats and six Senate seats (seven if you count Scott Brown’s upset in a January special election in Massachusetts).
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Remember when a juvenile media took on the TEA party in 2009? Empty Re: Remember when a juvenile media took on the TEA party in 2009?

Post by Casey Jones Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Yeah, I remember.

Sadly, they won.

Shows that strength of ideas are less important than just the TIME ALLOTTED to the task.

The infantile mediuh liars, funded, we now know, by rising Globalist factions and supported by the Deep State...were no match for us Little People who devoted our **SPARE** time to work to put the nation back on its intended course.

The lying media had all the time, all the money, and a slavish, addled viewer base. And they won - they took away non-profit status from Tea Party chapters, while the god-damned DNC - THINK about that! - the DNC, an openly-political group, has ALWAYS had non-profit status from the IRS.

It was a wake-up for most of us. I wanted to save this nation.

Now I know that the only way freedom, the concept of individual rights will be saved...is if this damned, double-damned, God-damned evil nation is FLATTENED.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down