Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why does God let this suffering and death happen. He"S MEAN!!!

3 posters

Go down

Why does God let this suffering and death happen.  He"S MEAN!!! Empty Why does God let this suffering and death happen. He"S MEAN!!!

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:54 am

THIS is one of the best answers to this i've seen.

Only the person who believes in God has a basis to make moral judgments to determine what is “good” and what is “bad.” Those who claim God does not exist have absolutely no authority upon which to call something right or wrong. If God doesn’t exist, who can objectively define what is good and what is bad? What basis could there be to make such judgments? The atheist has no basis upon which to call anything good or bad. They can talk about good and bad, and right and wrong—but it’s all relative, it’s all arbitrary. What’s “good” in one person’s mind might be completely “bad” in another’s.

Of course, from a biblical perspective, God must have morally good and just reasons as to why He allows bad things to happen. For instance, Christ’s death on the Cross was an evil event, but God allowed this for a wonderful purpose: to redeem sinful human beings.

We live in an era when secular schools and colleges/universities have all but banned God from science classes. In these classrooms, students are taught that the whole universe, including plants and animals—and humans—arose by natural processes. Naturalism (in essence, atheism) has become the religion of the day and has become the foundation of the education system (and Western culture as a whole). The more such a philosophy permeates the culture, the more we would expect to see a sense of purposelessness and hopelessness that pervades people’s thinking. In fact, the more a culture allows the killing of the unborn, the more we will see people treating life in general as “cheap.”
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Why does God let this suffering and death happen.  He"S MEAN!!! Empty Re: Why does God let this suffering and death happen. He"S MEAN!!!

Post by RV Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:12 pm

Why does God allow good things to happen to bad people?
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Why does God let this suffering and death happen.  He"S MEAN!!! Empty Re: Why does God let this suffering and death happen. He"S MEAN!!!

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:23 pm

RV wrote:Why does God allow good things to happen to bad people?

good question. because this is the only reward they will get?

https://www.compellingtruth.org/good-things-bad-people.html
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:42 pm

Is God Fair? no. But that's not your business.

https://www.compellingtruth.org/God-fair.html
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:55 am

Calypso Jones wrote:Is God Fair?  no.  But that's not your business.

"Fairness" all depends on who is defining it. God IS fair by perfect standards. By human secular standards, God is not "fair".
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:19 am

Our God lives in heaven and does as he pleases. Psalm 115:3
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:51 am

Calypso Jones wrote:THIS is one of the best answers to this i've seen.

Only the person who believes in God has a basis to make moral judgments to determine what is “good” and what is “bad.” Those who claim God does not exist have absolutely no authority upon which to call something right or wrong. If God doesn’t exist, who can objectively define what is good and what is bad? What basis could there be to make such judgments? The atheist has no basis upon which to call anything good or bad. They can talk about good and bad, and right and wrong—but it’s all relative, it’s all arbitrary. What’s “good” in one person’s mind might be completely “bad” in another’s.

Of course, from a biblical perspective, God must have morally good and just reasons as to why He allows bad things to happen. For instance, Christ’s death on the Cross was an evil event, but God allowed this for a wonderful purpose: to redeem sinful human beings.

We live in an era when secular schools and colleges/universities have all but banned God from science classes. In these classrooms, students are taught that the whole universe, including plants and animals—and humans—arose by natural processes. Naturalism (in essence, atheism) has become the religion of the day and has become the foundation of the education system (and Western culture as a whole). The more such a philosophy permeates the culture, the more we would expect to see a sense of purposelessness and hopelessness that pervades people’s thinking. In fact, the more a culture allows the killing of the unborn, the more we will see people treating life in general as “cheap.”

Unlike yourself I'm not a religious zealot. With all due respect you climbed up on the pedestal today didn't you ?

As stated , not a zealot and I have every bit of the ability it takes to make right from wrong moral decisions. It's odd to hear someone or see writing such as yours that implies that only a thumper has the right to make those calls

In addition it's bothersome to see that some people need coaching from the Bible to lay their moral framework
Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:56 pm

RV wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:Is God Fair?  no.  But that's not your business.

"Fairness" all depends on who is defining it. God IS fair by perfect standards. By human secular standards, God is not "fair".  

Are you saying secularists have a higher standard than religious followers?
Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:35 pm

Cotton wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:THIS is one of the best answers to this i've seen.

Unlike yourself I'm not a religious zealot. With all due respect you climbed up on the pedestal today didn't you ?

As stated , not a zealot and I have every bit of the ability it takes to make right from wrong moral decisions.  It's odd to hear someone or see writing such as yours that implies that  only a thumper has the right to make those  calls

In addition it's bothersome to see that some people need coaching from the Bible to lay their moral framework

wow.   I thought you didn't let stuff like this bother you.  I did not place myself on a pedestal. i thought it was interesting and decided to share.    You may choose whatever moral framework that you wish, i choose God's word and yes i do need coaching from it on a daily basis.    Lots of this stuff i enjoy talking about and i thought you said you did too. These discussions makes me think about things that i hadn't thought about before. Things that i want the answers to.

Whether people realize it or not...their moral code is not made up by man.  It didn't evolve. it wasn't hammurabi's code, or sumerian or egyptian or l ron hubbard.    It is God's moral code that he put in our hearts and we choose to abide by it or not.   We have that choice.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down