Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fried Grouper

3 posters

Go down

Fried Grouper Empty Fried Grouper

Post by JMWinPR Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:15 am

I picked up some grouper from a nearby market. I like fish taco's but had no shells. So I decided to make it sans taco shells. I had a package of "Asian Crunch" salad which is mainly cabbage. I cut the grouper into bite sized pieces. I used an egg and heavy cream as a wash. For the breading I used a scoop of corn starch (can't get corn meal here for some unexplained reason) and pulverized Kirkland Krinkle cut chips. Skillet fried it in coconut oil. 25 minutes from cutting the fish to mouth. Absolutely great.

JMWinPR

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Fried Grouper Empty Re: Fried Grouper

Post by jirqoadai Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:31 am

i have noticed since ive been 8 a direct corelation to people putting condements or other sauces or spices on food and stomach ulcers. the only additives ive ever used for a sammich besides the bread is cheese or applesauce. but the far majority of the time everything i eat is plain. adding a hotcake to wrap around your food to keep your fingers clean or a burger bun is most of the time as far as i stray from eating anything plain. bacon on a boneless porkchop is great. with fish/seafood its cheese. i dont cook with any oils but the juices of the meat. for my " cassarole " its mac'ncheese and cut corn mixed together. usualy my corn is on the cob and uncooked. ifn ya add just a small bit of milk to a dried out peice of meat right as you start frying it itll be fine. as for the turkey or anything else in the oven besides pizza, ifn ya braze it, nay sear it at first, then baste it every 10 minutes itll be juicey. butter? never. cocunut oil. forget it. grapeseed oil? ive seen it used, i never have used it. as long as the meat when bloody runs clear, its cooked. no broiling of lobster. shellfish all gets boiled in plain water. i understand all cajuns would die if they couldnt add just something to the food. problem being is it becomes a swill that the taste becomes almost unreckonisable.
im glad others can become chef ramsey. they make themselves very happy behind a cooking apron. cloves? never. garlic? not a fucking chance. like i said. my corn tastes far superior if you cut off the ear and shuck it right there at the still alive stalk. tastes great raw. if i had more courage id try my crawdads that way to. raw. id just bite behind its head, but im not that brave when it comes to seafood. some kind of heat for the meat.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:49 am

JMWinPR wrote:I picked up some grouper from a nearby market. I like fish taco's but had no shells. So I decided to make it sans taco shells. I had a package of "Asian Crunch" salad which is mainly cabbage. I cut the grouper into bite sized pieces. I used an egg and heavy cream as a wash. For the breading I used a scoop of corn starch (can't get corn meal here for some unexplained reason) and pulverized Kirkland Krinkle cut chips. Skillet fried it in coconut oil. 25 minutes from cutting the fish to mouth. Absolutely great.
Grouper is very good. I like lemonfish(cobia) and amberjack, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum