Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoppers Value

2 posters

Go down

Shoppers Value Empty Shoppers Value

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:23 pm

I found this place in Baton Rouge. It has very good prices.

The way it works is you pay the prices seen in the add, plus 10% at the checkout.

https://www.shoppersvaluefoodsla.com/weekly-specials/?circularstoreidentifier=8HUL67B8FGEKZ8WIQD5VYAG3TM76T1TFEK81UB

Thom Paine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Shoppers Value Empty Re: Shoppers Value

Post by Casey Jones Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:30 pm

Shoppers Value How-it-works
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:39 pm

Are those good prices?

I know little about the grocery business, but I do know that at least in the Rust Belt, nobody's gotten rich off retail groceries in a long time. Cleveland has had a long history of great chains crashing...the old Fisher Brothers chain, which dated to 1900, was losing money by 1965. A couple of Mafia-connected guys with experience in the grocery business, thought they could do better. Carl Fazio and Sam Costa took it over.

They lasted 25 years, but finally the last couple of stores - renamed several times, finally known as Carl's - closed. In the meantime, De Partment uh in Justice, sued them and Cleveland competitors for price fixing.

With a profit margin of four percent, no wonder they tried.

The two other chains, Pick-N-Pay and Stop-N-Shop, also got taken over. Pick-N-Pay, after name changes, swallowed up by Buffalo-based Tops - which was then swallowed by Ahold, of the Netherlands. And then sold, and drastically downsized.

Stop-N-Shop was bought by Pittsburgh interests - Giant Eagle. Prices there went into the stratosphere. With Tops gone, and Fazio's/Carl's gone, Giant Eagle is just about the only grocery option to Walmart in Cleveland.

So...I wish these guys well; ten percent sounds healthy for the company, and I hope it's good on prices where you are, too.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down