Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taylor Swift named Time magazine's 2023 Person of the Year

+8
jirqoadai
HawkTheSlayer
Red Lily
vege57
Sprintcyclist
Calypso Jones
Casey Jones
Keith
12 posters

:: Media :: Hollywood

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Taylor Swift named Time magazine's 2023 Person of the Year Empty Taylor Swift named Time magazine's 2023 Person of the Year

Post by Keith Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:56 am

Swift’s accomplishments as an artist—culturally, critically, and commercially—are so legion that to recount them seems almost beside the point. As a pop star, she sits in rarefied company, alongside Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, and Madonna; as a songwriter, she has been compared to Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, and Joni Mitchell. As a businesswoman, she has built an empire worth, by some estimates, over $1 billion. And as a celebrity—who by dint of being a woman is scrutinized for everything from whom she dates to what she wears—she has long commanded constant attention and knows how to use it. (“I don’t give Taylor advice about being famous,” Stevie Nicks tells me. “She doesn’t need it.”) But this year, something shifted. To discuss her movements felt like discussing politics or the weather—a language spoken so widely it needed no context. She became the main character of the world.

I stopped listening to toxic Top 40 music years ago, and wouldn't know any of her songs if I heard it.

The only thing I like about her is that she doesn't have tattoos, unlike all the other fembots. And admittedly, she does look kind of hot on the cover wearing that bodysuit, but then again, I could see that kind of thing browsing the erotic modeling websites.

The whole "Person of the Year" thing is just a popularity contest. It's all about putting somebody famous and recognizable on the cover and selling more magazines.

It's not like Taylor Swift did anything to advance the human race or save the planet. Did she cure cancer? Stop global warming? End world famine? Nope, all she did was put out crappy, Auto-Tuned drivel that could have been done by thousands of other artists, or even with AI technology. I will never understand the public's infatuation with her. It's obvious these people have no lives for themselves, so they live vicariously through whoever the media decrees as the flavor of the month.

https://time.com/6342806/person-of-the-year-2023-taylor-swift/
Keith
Keith

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Taylor Swift named Time magazine's 2023 Person of the Year Empty Re: Taylor Swift named Time magazine's 2023 Person of the Year

Post by Casey Jones Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:35 pm

Stop global warming? Impossible.

Because it's not.

Be great if she could stop global WARMERS. Even if, maybe by giving John Friggin' Kerry a heart attack, letting him do what he's no doubt lots of practice doing.

Otherwise...not interested. She's eye candy that knows how to play a few instruments, hold a tune.

And she's getting up there in years. Shelf life for eye candy is about 15 years, most.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Taylor Swift named Time magazine's 2023 Person of the Year Empty Re: Taylor Swift named Time magazine's 2023 Person of the Year

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:38 pm

All her music sounds the same and the lyrics are stupid. She's 33 now I reckon. An aging teenager. Like Madonna..
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:53 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:All her music sounds the same and the lyrics are stupid.  She's 33 now I reckon.  An aging teenager.  Like Madonna..

I remember Marie Osmond getting the same criticism, at about the same age. After she'd hit 30 or so, two husbands, four kids...and the reviewer compared her music to toothpaste. Squeeze off three minutes' worth...it's all the same.

I've never heard Tay-Tay caterwaul. Not interested. I don't like modern "music" and eye candy only reminds me I can't have any.

But I was thinking...she's going the same route as so many other teen sensations went. Linda Ronstadt, Madonna, Jewel, Cyndi Lauper.

Linda Ronstadt had the sense to disappear with dignity...moving on to Broadway roles, and then doing Mexican children's music in Spanish. Now, of course, she can't sing - Parkinson's Disease.

Jewel and Cyndi Lauper, both disappeared after having, each, ten years or so, in different eras. Cyndi was either a Madonna clone, or Madonna a knock-off of Cyndi; but Cyndi pulled the plug. Jewel got to be Tay-Tay's age and decided singing about adolescent angst wasn't going to do it.

Madonna is a pathetic freak, and a warning what happens when you do NOT accept reality and nature. And, Carley Simon...also hit 35 and slid beneath the waves. It's natural, especially when it's less about talent than about appearance.

I think part of this is a talent vacuum, and also the unsightliness of today's young celebrities. All the beauty-pageant winners are transvestites. Ugly young women, not appealing, often not white, are what I see pushed. Before this current hatred for white people, came the pumping of repulsive persons like Celene Dion.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:02 am

i didn't know ronstadt had parkinsons. I"m sorry to hear that. doesn't it appear that there are a lot of entertainers with that.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:48 am

Very well done Ms T. Swift.

Sprintcyclist

Sappho likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:08 pm

Keith wrote:
Swift’s accomplishments as an artist—culturally, critically, and commercially—are so legion that to recount them seems almost beside the point. As a pop star, she sits in rarefied company, alongside Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, and Madonna; as a songwriter, she has been compared to Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, and Joni Mitchell. As a businesswoman, she has built an empire worth, by some estimates, over $1 billion. And as a celebrity—who by dint of being a woman is scrutinized for everything from whom she dates to what she wears—she has long commanded constant attention and knows how to use it. (“I don’t give Taylor advice about being famous,” Stevie Nicks tells me. “She doesn’t need it.”) But this year, something shifted. To discuss her movements felt like discussing politics or the weather—a language spoken so widely it needed no context. She became the main character of the world.

I stopped listening to toxic Top 40 music years ago, and wouldn't know any of her songs if I heard it.

The only thing I like about her is that she doesn't have tattoos, unlike all the other fembots. And admittedly, she does look kind of hot on the cover wearing that bodysuit, but then again, I could see that kind of thing browsing the erotic modeling websites.

The whole "Person of the Year" thing is just a popularity contest. It's all about putting somebody famous and recognizable on the cover and selling more magazines.

It's not like Taylor Swift did anything to advance the human race or save the planet. Did she cure cancer? Stop global warming? End world famine? Nope, all she did was put out crappy, Auto-Tuned drivel that could have been done by thousands of other artists, or even with AI technology. I will never understand the public's infatuation with her. It's obvious these people have no lives for themselves, so they live vicariously through whoever the media decrees as the flavor of the month.

""I stopped listening to toxic Top 40 music years ago, and wouldn't know any of her songs if I heard it."'

Nothing toxic about it, you either like it or you dont Taylor Swift named Time magazine's 2023 Person of the Year 553500953
vege57
vege57

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:48 pm

vege57 wrote:
Keith wrote:

""I stopped listening to toxic Top 40 music years ago, and wouldn't know any of her songs if I heard it."'

Nothing toxic about it, you either like it or you dont  Taylor Swift named Time magazine's 2023 Person of the Year 553500953

Top 40 music used to be mostly good up until around 30 years ago. Now it's all degenerate noise. The music is abrasive and the lyrics are vulgar. I think it's designed to kill the listener's brain cells and turn them into an ignoramus. It sure would explain how goofy the people I see out in public act. People are gonna like what they like, I guess, but I would rather inject raw sewage into my ear canals.
Keith
Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:30 pm

Keith wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Keith wrote:

Nothing toxic about it, you either like it or you dont  Taylor Swift named Time magazine's 2023 Person of the Year 553500953

Top 40 music used to be mostly good up until around 30 years ago. Now it's all degenerate noise. The music is abrasive and the lyrics are vulgar. I think it's designed to kill the listener's brain cells and turn them into an ignoramus. It sure would explain how goofy the people I see out in public act. People are gonna like what they like, I guess, but I would rather inject raw sewage into my ear canals.

Many of our parents thought the same about our music.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:17 pm

Music, especially lyrics, has gotten steadily worse. i mean just listen to her lyrics. LOLOL

plus we now have that satanic influence.

Oh...and these people consider themselves political experts and morally superior.

Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next