Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God Bless our Vets

4 posters

Go down

God Bless our Vets  Empty God Bless our Vets

Post by Daily Bread Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:36 am

God Bless our Vets  7f8c1910
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, Crusader and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

God Bless our Vets  Empty Re: God Bless our Vets

Post by Red Lily Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:50 pm

God Bless our Vets  1383763763_remembranceday1

Lest We Forget.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer, Daily Bread and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:58 pm

Dear God, Please bless those brave men and women who have chosen to protect us, as we sleep peacefully at night. We are eternally grateful for that gift they have so freely given of themselves. We are humbled in their presence.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:54 pm

Which set of vets? The mincing transvestites who're throwing Pride parties on military installations? The AA incompetents? The ones whose job was to organize white-hatred events?

These are all relatively-new things, but they've been going at train-wreck speed for three years, now. I'm now ASHAMED to be a vet. I had VETERAN plates on my cars, five states, since I was discharged...but when I had to buy my replacement truck this summer, I passed on it. Homeboy Security is now teaching and insisting that veterans are "Terrorism Threats."

As this insanity multiplies, I expect that a few pre-Pride vets will be hauled into some court or another for a Show Trial...as SYMBOLS of Oppression of Mine-Nore-Itties. TEACH the vacuum-craniums and little kids to HATE veterans, to PUNISH them. To take AWAY opportunities from these MAGA terrorists.

I try to ignore these holidays, now. For my blood pressure.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:57 pm

How about we just give remembrance, honor and respect to those who have fought (and died) for our freedoms!
Red Lily
Red Lily

Daily Bread and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:23 pm

How do you define that?

Would that include those who died in rich comfort, after a lifetime struggling for "my country" - freeing it from racismsexismbigotryhomophobiamicroaggressionspronounabusehatespeech...?
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:22 pm

Casey Jones wrote:How do you define that?

Would that include those who died in rich comfort, after a lifetime struggling for "my country" - freeing it from racismsexismbigotryhomophobiamicroaggressionspronounabusehatespeech...?
Vets ,Casey - the ones we respected before the media went out of their way to bring out anything they could to destroy our image of them and what the vast majority have done . The ones you describe are not the ones I know and I won't let some special interest group do that - Vets
While I can rant  lol,
A lot of the music I love is done by artist that I have a completely different political view of but they make music that I enjoy .
An awful lot of Hollywood has turned me off because of the obvious but I'm not a movie person so I could care less but there are some old films put out by actors /actresses that turned out later to not be of social liking but I still watch those films ie ; Rock Hudson (Giant)before they destroyed the guy because he came out gay , Salma Hayek ( she's gorgeous ) before she started opened her political mouth .
I decide who I like not the media or biased ,ignorant public opinion .
I'm not effected by her politics but I'll watch her on stage  anytime

As long as it doesn't directly effect me directly ,I try to not let it screw up my life , its too freaking short and they really don't give a crap about me either
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:31 pm

I understand (to some extent) your background and your vantage.

Try and understand mine. I am a veteran; the son of a WWII veteran. Like many, he had it hard during the war. Like many of my time, I had it easy - even though I was getting combat pay for forward deployment in a Theatre of War, the Persian Gulf.

But there was a sacrifice there. We had strict rules of conduct; and we were expected to dash forward where sane men would turn tail and run. We were at GQ for 20 hours, traversing the Straits of Hormuz, while being locked-on by Iraqi Republican Guard radar.

Our one shipboard fire was quickly out, but it was no guaranteed thing. And it happened in a space forward of the Hangar Deck - a place awash with jet fuel and lube oil.

Compare THAT, to this Woke idiocy of the current crop of "veterans." I'm sorry...I don't even want to share the title with them. John Kerry threw his (allegedly) medals over the fence in protest. I'm ready to burn my DD214 in protest that the likes of John Friggin' Kerry won that argument.

That's all. I'm not trying to destroy others' memories or legacies; but I have my own and when I think of what I thought I was doing, with what in fact has been done...i wanna barf.

Peace, out.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:50 pm

Casey Jones wrote:I understand (to some extent) your background and your vantage.

Try and understand mine.  I am a veteran; the son of a WWII veteran.  Like many, he had it hard during the war.  Like many of my time, I had it easy - even though I was getting combat pay for forward deployment in a Theatre of War, the Persian Gulf.

But there was a sacrifice there.  We had strict rules of conduct; and we were expected to dash forward where sane men would turn tail and run.  We were at GQ for 20 hours, traversing the Straits of Hormuz, while being locked-on by Iraqi Republican Guard radar.

Our one shipboard fire was quickly out, but it was no guaranteed thing.  And it happened in a space forward of the Hangar Deck - a place awash with jet fuel and lube oil.

Compare THAT, to this Woke idiocy of the current crop of "veterans."  I'm sorry...I don't even want to share the title with them.  John Kerry threw his (allegedly) medals over the fence in protest.  I'm ready to burn my DD214 in protest that the likes of John Friggin' Kerry won that argument.

That's all.  I'm not trying to destroy others' memories or legacies; but I have my own and when I think of what I thought I was doing, with what in fact has been done...i wanna barf.

Peace, out.
Hope you didn't take it the wrong way Casey . I admire the way you write and am impressed with your life after reading your post all these years . We all came up differently and we all survived the past and the stories you tell are needed and are interesting . I guess that's why we all seem to get along because we all show a different lifestyle and the way its presented in these post is something that we can visualize and be part of . My simple lifestyle is probably boring to most but I find most others ,like yours , interesting because it builds a fascinating picture of themselves and its a way to understand each other .
Thank you for serving
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down