Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

walmart..i love to hate them

2 posters

Go down

walmart..i love to hate them Empty walmart..i love to hate them

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:31 pm

https://nypost.com/2023/10/13/walmarts-bid-to-cutdown-on-shoplifting-at-self-checkout-leads-to-surge-in-hostile-encounters/amp/

I HATE the self checkouts and then we were forced to do the self checkouts and now Walmart is reeling allegedly from the loss of money from people stealing. well....good. That is the potential with self checkout. Either pay your employees to do the work or be a tightwad and skimp on your employees and lose money when you sell to minorities in blue cities and illegals in other cities and states. I frankly don't care. The Walton grandkids are anti america numbskulls. business genius skips several generations. Thank God the federal gov't takes care of us by taxing the hell out of dead people.

NOW they have REMODELED the store. You can't find anything. it doesn't make sense. Everybody is complaining.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

walmart..i love to hate them Empty Re: walmart..i love to hate them

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:48 am

Walmart offering new brand.   Probably just slapping a new label on their pathetic great value brand.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/30/walmart-launches-new-grocery-brand-bettergoods.html

Honestly this past year i've noticed their dairy goes back BEFORE, WAY before the expiration date.

The produce is frozen before you buy it and what isn't frozen spoils before you use all of it.

yesterday i went in to Wallyworld to get my script med and there were 5 people in the back, loitering mostly and one manning the register..ONE customer ahead of me. I waited 10 minutes...after 10 minutes they started noticing my mild agitation. It was only a stage 1 beginning. I had Belle in the car.  I put windows down and this was supposed to be a quick trip. My med was READY to Go.  SO WHY AM I WAITING???
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:56 pm

It's retailing, today.

I gave up on Wally World a long time ago. The days of nice, clean, orderly stores with friendly staff are 20 years gone.

New to my town is an Oregon-based warehouse-style food store, WinCo. They made a big deal coming to Montana - Helena first, with billboards all up and down the Interstate, and then, in the height of the Coof, they opened a store right in town, five blocks from me.

It was great. Not decorated, but it's not supposed to be. Help was friendly. I'm told they pay (paid?) well. Their opening staff were all from Portland or Seattle, and took a transfer, and were overjoyed to be here. An assistant manager invited me to apply for a job, after I was talking with him for ten minutes.

That was then. Coof is four years down the memory hole.

Now we're getting dazed, tatted-up older women, and men the same way, who have trouble doing the simple stuff that modern checkout stations require. Like scanning. Customers bag their own groceries.

They have two self-service lanes - one for ***CASH*** and one for ***CARDS ONLY***. They don't take credit cards; "cards" mean EBT and debit cards.

I don't like debit card usage. I DO NOT. I wanna pay cash. If I have to use plastic, I want it to be a conventional credit card.

The CASH ONLY line is only three registers; and it's funny - and infuriating - to watch these pot-addled people try to scan their own groceries. I mean, real short-bus stuff.

NOW, however, the CASH ONLY machines seem to keep breaking. Seems there's only one in service at a time. AND, all kinds of alarms keep tripping - if you don't IMMEDIATELY put your item into the bagging station, a scale sets up an alarm, and a cashier has to come and clear the alert.

And the change dispenser keeps gumming up.

Obviously this is due to improper maintenance, since the stuff used to work fine. Just as the molasses-slow checkers are due to improper screening of applicants.

I'm ready to start shopping at Albertsons or one of several independents in town. They charge a fair amount more. But even though Albertson's is owned by Black Rock, and is Woke, at least they can still run grocery stores.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed May 01, 2024 5:32 pm

I popped into kroger for a couple things RATHER THAN WHACKYWALLYWORLD today. That's a win for me a loss for Walmart.

NOT that kroger is any better...only slightly. Actuallly i bought 5 cans of Campbell's soups for sauces regularly 1.89 a can and if i bought 5 i get them for 99 cents a can. That was a deal. Ran into an old friend...her husband of 14 years has been diagnosed with myeloma cancer and has about a 1.5 to live. well...doctors don't know evrerything. Another friend's daughter made it about 12 years and her doctors gave her a termination date 11 years ago of one year.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed May 01, 2024 7:16 pm

Anybody notice that there's a lot of 'trash' in canned goods now..particularly vegetables....green beans with stems, HARD stems, string ends, just junk.

and walmart dairy CANNOT make it to the expiry date even. Their produce is pathetic, it's near frozen in the case and therefore goes bad very quickly once you get it home.

Don't buy 'enriched' bread. Avoid high sodium, sodium nitrite, nitrate ingredients in meats.

I have entertained the idea of personally helping to destroy walmart...but i don't have to...they're doing it to themselves.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed May 01, 2024 7:34 pm

That new brand? waiting for that...but right now....corn went from being grown in arkansas now comes from Thailand...and has lead in it plus other stuff like more carbs more calories cause it's got GLUTEN IN it.

https://rumble.com/v4sp0h8-how-did-walmarts-canned-corn-double-in-calories-despite-remaining-the-same-.html
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Wed May 01, 2024 8:31 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Anybody notice that there's a lot of 'trash' in canned goods now..particularly vegetables....green beans with stems, HARD stems, string ends, just junk.  

and walmart dairy CANNOT make it to the expiry date even.   Their produce is pathetic, it's near frozen in the case and therefore goes bad very quickly once you get it home.

Don't buy 'enriched' bread.   Avoid high sodium, sodium nitrite, nitrate ingredients in meats.    

I have entertained the idea of personally helping to destroy walmart...but i don't have to...they're doing it to themselves.

A number of commentators have stressed, buy locally. Vegetable stands. Local butchers.

I should, but so far I'm limited. We have two local grocery stores. Another local operation with two stores, sold out to a Spokane small-chain, Yoke's. (Like, Yokel). So far they seem to run a good store but their prices aren't cheap.

Since I'm not digging pennies out of the crack of the couch, not yet, maybe the benefits override the costs.

We lost two local butchers, but there are two more around. One is out of town, on a bypass route from the north end to south. The hand-painted sign advertises eggs, checken, beef.

I don't know if I should trust it. He's never apparently busy. I don't want to crack open eggs and find premature chicks hopping around in my pan. Nor, maggotty meat, or get some disease from sick cows.

Only real problem I have in leaving Wally World is, it's the only place I can get the coffee I prefer. Eight O'Clock. Used to be the A&P store brand, but it was purchased by an Indian company, Tata. Tata specializes in tea; it also makes cars. But their coffee operation is USA based, and they do it well. Other coffee brands I've tried are not as good.

And no, I'm not buying the industrial crap like Folgers.

But I'll have to cut the cord, completely...I'm sick of the dirt and chaos in that cesspool.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed May 01, 2024 9:01 pm

I like that numi...although i don't like their woke attitude on sustainability and oh i don't know...some kind of recycling bs that has been shown to be untrue. I like the jasmine....doesn't have to be organic at this point. I won't pay over 6.99 for a box of 18 tea bags. my last batch of six cost me something like 5.35 per box...i've gotte it a low as 4.99. Kroger sold it biut like anything else i take a liking to, it is no longer available in their store.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down