Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romeike Family Facing Deportation After 15 Years in US

+3
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
The Mariner
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Romeike Family Facing Deportation After 15 Years in US Empty Romeike Family Facing Deportation After 15 Years in US

Post by The Mariner Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:02 pm

https://hslda.org/post/romeike

Then, in September 2023, the Romeikes were told during a routine check-in that their deferred status had been revoked. The family was given four weeks to apply for German passports, so they could be deported to Germany. The family had no prior warning, and was offered no explanation, other than that there had been a “change of orders.”

In the 10 years that the Romeikes have lived peacefully in the United States, they’ve built a second life: they have two children who are American citizens, and two other children who married American citizens (one of these couples recently welcomed their first child).

{ICE is involved in cutting barb wire to let ILLEGAL FOREIGNERS inside crossing the border but THESE people are in threat of getting deported. I sent a post to ICE through X concerning this & a prayer. I have to do something. Even calling & posting to Congress & the Senate.}
The Mariner
The Mariner

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones and QuaseMarco like this post

Back to top Go down

Romeike Family Facing Deportation After 15 Years in US Empty Re: Romeike Family Facing Deportation After 15 Years in US

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:35 pm

It's truly sickening.

Can't have independent, successful people like this.

My question is this.
If they've been here for 15 years, why haven't they applied for citizenship or taken the test?

The Mariner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Romeike Family Facing Deportation After 15 Years in US Empty Re: Romeike Family Facing Deportation After 15 Years in US

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:37 pm

These people are on my prayer list. IT is not right what they're doing to this family. I think 2 of the sons are now married. If they go back to Germany their kids will be taken from them and put in foster homes...no telling what could happen to them at that point. The parents face imprisonment for homeschooling their kids and practicing their faith.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and The Mariner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:38 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:It's truly sickening.

My question is this.
If they've been here for 15 years, why haven't they applied for citizenship or taken the test?

wondering same.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and The Mariner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:44 pm

My question is this.

this might offer some explanation on that.  Seems the status they came in on offers no path to citizenship.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2023/september/germany-homeschool-family-deportation-christian-romeike.html

Does it appear from the article that they have been allowed to stay?? Maybe that blurb referred to first time... Romeike Family Facing Deportation After 15 Years in US 553500953

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mariner Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:45 pm

I have been wondering the same about the citizens test. They apparently have to check in with ICE all the time. Seems ICE had been monitoring them for 15 years. They had to sign papers saying that they didn't drink or get into any trouble. Basically they had to be saints for the last 15 years. But the murderers that cross the border can get off with no ramifications.

Seems to me ICE was holding them back from becoming citizens.
The Mariner
The Mariner

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:47 pm

we have a screwy immigration system.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mariner Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:48 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:

My question is this.

this might offer some explanation on that.  Seems the status they came in on offers no path to citizenship.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2023/september/germany-homeschool-family-deportation-christian-romeike.html

Does it appear from the article that they have been allowed to stay?? Maybe that blurb referred to first time... Romeike Family Facing Deportation After 15 Years in US 553500953

The middle part seems to be from 2014 where it says they are allowed to stay.

They were on with Glenn Beck last night, Wednesday 10/4/23 so they are still in danger. Their attorney was with them.
The Mariner
The Mariner

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:58 pm

I'm gonna keep praying.   Mrs. Romeike believes that God will take care of it and they can stay.   So she isn't worried.  Well...God's word says Don't worry, it does no good.   But i'm thinking, God allows us to suffer or his sake because we earn crowns in Heaven.  there are 5 crowns.  Perhaps living under this sword is their suffering and God wants to see  how much WE care.

I learned from a bible study and from the book of Revelation that in God's throne room there are golden bowls filled with the prayers of the saints....saints..that's us....i always pray every day to do my part in making sure those bowls never go empty.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:04 pm

To me, it wouldn't matter how long they've been here nor how successful they are either. If they aren't a citizen then they should not be in the country. If they are illegal then they have broken the law. If I broke the law, I would be penalized for it and be held accountable, illegals are no different. We should continue to deport ALL illegals!
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next