Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight to Survive

Go down

Fight to Survive Empty Fight to Survive

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:01 am

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY.  Can't write about it tonight.    A cross between  naked and afraid  and gladiator.

started 2023 i think.   So a group of contestants previously from american ninja warrior, survivor, naked and afraid and at least one more that i'm not familiar with.  To FIJI...it is survival PLUS a big money award at the end which is....100,000 split between the victors....OR 250,000 for the loan survivor.  See what that does.  if a couple or three team up to eliminate the other members....that 250,000 starts looking good once you get down to the last 2 to 3....and that worked.   that was a spoiler.  

AT the beginning....There were some totems that the group had to search for..the water totem, firewood totem, lagoon totem,  already made shelter totem.  THere were also tools that were in one spot and they ran for those first come first serve, pot, firestarter, fishing spears, mask, carry bags, canteen,  ax, other sharp things and useful things..rope, etc.   THey can keep the tools and prevent others from using them. Same with totems,  They could barter with them..you start me a fire, i'll let you have a pot of water.   I'll give you food if you give me the pot to cook it in...and so on.

you could steal, you could challenge for ownership of something... if you won, you got that item.  if the one making the challenge lost, he was banished from the island. So. they had to weigh their chances and their opponent's skills.

1.  Gonna call them Team Fight...because that was their strategy. ACTUAL combat in the ring of a sort.
The other was Team Friendship....which became Team Survive.  

This was a real study in human dynamics.

Team Fight. NOT survivalists, more fighting athletes.  J...ninja warrior.   Amal N&A, Dani N&A, Libby, Missy: former military, Makani,  might have been one more but they went down to the last 5 quickly. They have a couple weak one...Dani, libby, makani. Dani gone early...medevac, libby: left of her own volition...she was crying every day anyway. And makani. The big three conspired to have her taken out..cause they were gonna get rid of the extras on their own side anyway. They used them for work, fight, food, fire, water and were gonna go. period.

Team Friendship/SURVIVE..and they were the survivalists..not fighting athletes and of course they lost all fights but one.   Actually, these guys were hurt in the ring and i'm rather surprised the shows producers didn't stop this.   The medical bills and possible suits might have been horrendous if these guys hadn't signed waivers.
These members were K: military survivalist, Nathaniel eagle scout, Sarah N&A, some others whose names i've forgotten for the moment.  i"m prepping dinner.   They got along well, they ate well.  They had the tools that helped them but they also had the skills to use those tools.

THIS was survival...but the bigger goal was the $$$$.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Fight to Survive Empty Re: Fight to Survive

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:36 pm

Now this was for the money so i'm not sure how Sarah..skinny lesbian ( i believe she admitted to previously on N&A.   BUT she knows her survival stuff, how did she ever think this was going to be fun and friendship time. LOLOL   She rather reminds me of the US...ready to screw herself so that she can be friends with her enemies and ultimately her enemies do as they planned the whole time...take her out.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:50 pm

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fight-to-survive-season-one-ratings/

apparently fans who were willing to give an opinion did not care for it.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:23 pm

Two things that were interesting.

1. Bullies. YES> the three: Amal, J and Missy WERE bullies...but they didn't like being called that, didn't consider themselves bullies but exhibited all the traits and Amal even took revenge on a woman smaller than her and less proficient at fighting And she ENJOYED It.

I have to wonder why Libby, Dani and Makani tied themselves to this group from minute one. None of these women were large or as muscular as Amal or Missy nor did they have any expertise or training in fighting. I already had a bad opinion of Dani from N&A. And Makani. I watched her take the male N&A contestant all to herself when she was in a three man team. She knew what she was doing and she was cute.....but she's older now. I hope she took advantage of her looks while she had them. HOWEVER, She was bunking 'for warmth' with J....i suspect as an insurance policy..she thought. LOLOL

2. When a man challenged a woman for a tool or a totem, then that meant that each person chose a person of the opposite sex to help them. And the 'host' Akbar Gbajabiamila (???) mentioned why that was.. BECAUSE women could not compete on a level playing field with a male. Now..isn't that something to say considering what we're seeing going on in Women's sports right now in this country.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down